Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT92E wireless thermostat and new Evohome Firmware

Automated Home Jr Member

Default DT92E wireless thermostat and new Evohome Firmware

Like most people we have switched our heating back on with the recent cold weather.
    I have a couple of DT92E wireless thermostat’s which I have noticed an issue with since the firmware was updated on our Evohome controller.
    We often use the Eco mode on the DT92E which we found is ideal for just turning a rad on for an hour or two for a quick heating boost. An added benefit is if we forget to turn the rad back down the ECO mode switches things back after the preset time.
    At the moment when we use the eco mode by pressing the green button on the DT92E the temperature is set to 19 degrees and the flame indicator appears with the timer counting down as normal. On the Evohome controller the room shows that this has been accepted. A few minutes later the Evohome controller has switched the temperature back to its previous set point but the little timer clock is still showing. Checking the DT92E it shows ECO mode still running and the timer counting down.
    I have tried this several times but it just won’t work anymore as it did previously.
    Is there something I have missed that I need to change to get this working again.
    Thanks
    John

Automated Home Legend

Could be related to this:

https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...de-been-broken

Are you using the Eco button on the DTS92 by itself, or is system wide Eco mode activated as well?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Could be related to this:

https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...de-been-broken

Are you using the Eco button on the DTS92 by itself, or is system wide Eco mode activated as well?
    Thank you for pointing the other thread out to me.
    We are using the ECO button on the DTS92 as we have always done previously.
    System is running in Normal Mode.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi there, sorry to resurrect, but did you get a fix for this? I've recently upgraded my controller firmware and have now noticed the exact same problem with a DTS92E using the ECO button
    Cheers

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Libarch View Post
    Hi there, sorry to resurrect, but did you get a fix for this? I've recently upgraded my controller firmware and have now noticed the exact same problem with a DTS92E using the ECO button
    Cheers
    No I could not resolve this at all. I tried everything and it just does not work anymore so I gave up.
    Big let down for me as I have 2 DTS92 and found the feature very useful.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by digital View Post
    No I could not resolve this at all. I tried everything and it just does not work anymore so I gave up.
    Big let down for me as I have 2 DTS92 and found the feature very useful.
    Thanks, sorry to hear this. I'll see if I can raise a ticket with Resideo/Honeywell but not holding my breath

Automated Home Lurker

Quick follow up for anyone who arrives here with the same problem (and many thanks to Richard at Evohome Shop who managed to get Honeywell/Resideo to call me):
    I was told that the above issue with the latest (19.33) firmware is a known bug, and Honeywell are working on another update which addresses it along with other issues, including the failure of some controllers (such as mine) to update over wifi automatically. They are apparently hoping to release the update later in 2022 but it's unlikely to be before the summer.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Libarch View Post
    Quick follow up for anyone who arrives here with the same problem (and many thanks to Richard at Evohome Shop who managed to get Honeywell/Resideo to call me):
    I was told that the above issue with the latest (19.33) firmware is a known bug, and Honeywell are working on another update which addresses it along with other issues, including the failure of some controllers (such as mine) to update over wifi automatically. They are apparently hoping to release the update later in 2022 but it's unlikely to be before the summer.
    Thank you for the update.

Automated Home Legend

I think we will be waiting a while for a new firmware update.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I think we will be waiting a while for a new firmware update.
    A couple of years no doubt!