• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • therealfronty
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2021

Evohome TPI and pump overrun

Been doing a bit of reading about TPI. Currently when my old roomstat turns off the boiler after CH demand is satisfied my pump shuts down immediately and there is no overrun.

When I replace the roomstat with a BDR91 to close the heating relay, if Evohome starts using TPI to reduce demand, will I need to add pump overrun? I'm assuming the pump live wire from the boiler simply hasn't been wired in (assuming the boiler supports overrun, it's a Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1B open vent boiler)?
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

It could easily be that the pump over run time has been set to 0, at the boiler

Comment

• therealfronty
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2021

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      It could easily be that the pump over run time has been set to 0, at the boiler
      I don't think there's any settings to change it, there's not much you can do with the controls on the front panel. However I have found what looks like an extra jumper in the Viessmann wiring instructions, looks like the pump can be wired into this, but will require an extra cable to be run from the airing cupboard down to the boiler.

Image 366.jpg

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

If the boiler can drive the pump, then surely there must be a setting related to it. Unless the boiler is clever enough to detect that it's not got a pump connected and so hides that setting

Comment

Working...
        X