• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

Domoticz: Parsing Evohome log with, eg, Excel

Have just dumped a pile of log entries into Excel from Domoticz. I'd like to split them up so I can look at them and, to save me reinventing the wheel, I wonder if anyone has written an Excel macros/formulas to assist with this? I'd like to split:

18/06/2021 10:26 (4) FAULT: COMMS FAULT on ACTUATOR(11a5e2) at 2021-06-18 10:27:48

Into date/time, type (fault/restore) and convert the hex for the device to a name I can understand. Nothing is particularly hard, but I'd be interested to see if anyone has done anything.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I wrote this bit of Domoticz code and took the easiest (read laziest) route possible to get the fault log extracted and into Domoticz.
    The hex translation to a device name is actually quite simple. Put that hex into the "Devices" search box and voila, you will see the device it relates to. I didn't want to delay the internal processing of finding the friendly name, when it's so easy to find it.
    The real power comes from getting Domoticz to notify you when there is an error condition. Evohome doesn't do that. So just put in a Greater than 0, Notification condition against that Fault Logbook device.

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

Ta, I can see how it works, was just hoping that someone else had already done it. Am confused by the duplication of codes and names but will start a new thread about that as I don't want to muddy the waters!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Now you will appreciate why I didn't spend too much time translating the Device ID to names, because a single Device ID could actually have two names in Domoticz.

Here is how:
        Let's say you have a TRV HR92 zone but with a T87RF remote sensor.
        According to Evohome they will have the same Name. But the H92 and the T87RF have different Device IDs. Because Evohome uses the remote sensor, it will ignore the sensor on the HR92. However Domoticz can display both sensor readings against two Devices and all the Domoticz devices can have different names. So the HR92 Relay device and it's sensor can have different Domoticz device names even though they have the same Device ID. And the remote sensor can again have another Device name with a different Device ID. Hopefully you have now seen how a single Device ID can actually have different names. Hence my lazy approach and I just simply report the Device ID, and let the use figure out what that is.
        On the Evohome Controller, the translation is easier because all Devices in a single zone will always have a single name and some devices are just completely ignored by the controller e.g. the HR92's sensor, when a remote sensor is used.
        This is the price we pay for digging too deep beyond what Evohome wants us to see :-)

Comment

• filbert
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2017

Thanks but I'm not sure I understand. I seem to have two entries for every device id which also correspond to my zones. However, where I have a T87RF (two zones) I can't see anything that looks like them. So, for example, my 'Dining room' (which has a separate T87RF) has a device listed of sub type 'Relay' and named 'Dining Room' and another with the same device ID, sub type 'Zone' and named 'Zone Temp'. There's another entry with the device ID of the Evohome controller sub type 'Relay' and named 'Dining Room'.

There is nothing else that looks like the T87RF. All very confusing!

In addition to the apparent double entries for each zone and the Evohome controller entries, I have four others as follows:

Code:
          Name			Type		SubType       
          Hot Water	        Heating     	Hot Water
          Zone Relay 357d0c	Lighting 2	AC
          Zone Relay 36aa3e	Lighting 2	AC
          Zone Relay 3790d2	Lighting 2	AC
          Hot water is obvious but I don't know what the others are. I had assumed that two would be BDR91 valve controllers but which is which and what the other is I don't know.

Can you throw any light on this?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

In a zone with a H92 and a T87RF, Domoticz will produce 2 or 3 devices, depending on if you pressed the "All Sensors" option on the Hardware at any point.
            My default you should have.
            1. Sub Type Zone, ID will be the same as the Controller. This is actually the T87RF device. This is what the controller uses as the temperature sensor for the zone.
            2. Sub Type Relay, ID will be of the TRV. This is the HR92 actuator.
            If you press All Sensors, you will also see the HR92 sensor.
            3. Sub Type Zone, ID same as 2. above but the temperature will be slightly different from 1. The controller is not using this. But its good to see how wildly different the temperature readings are at the TRV v/s a properly situated remote sensor.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

As for the relays, this is how it works in Domoticz. By default the relays in the system will get named and have the same ID as Controller. However these devices will report the Heat Demand. While this is useful, it doesn’t allow you to perform functions that need to match if the Relays are actually ON or OFF. So I created parallel relay device with default names that include their actual IDs (again my lazy programming!).
              The difference between the named Relays versus the Zone Relay 357d0c is e.g. the Heat Demand is 25%. The named relay will show you a 25% value and a status of ON throughout the time period. Whereas the Zone Relay 357d0c will actually go ON and OFF as the relay tried to produce a 25% load. So you will see in the graph the relay is ON for only 15mins in a 60mins timeslot. This is useful in case you want to use the ON or OFF of the relay to trigger some other home automation. The trouble is that if you have more entries than you can easily recognise then it could be you are picking up neighbours devices. The BDR91 is a popular Thermostat.
              You might need to do some tests to work out which Zone Relay devices are yours and name them accordingly.

Comment

Working...
              X