Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome Savings

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    I would not be able to recommend anyone install EvoHome to save money. Some may eventually achieve payback, but it is by no means guaranteed. If you have a stable usage requirements, simple thermostatic valves and a time clock my well meet your needs at lower overal cost and with far less complexity. However, if you cannot achieve a stable balance between zones, EvoHome is excellent and worth every penny.
    True.

That said, before I had Evohome I used to set the living room at 24C just to create the trigger for the heating to come on and allow the radiators upstairs to get hot. If the UFH in the living room didn't have it's own autonomic flow control I would have probably had to set that way higher and that would have shown on my bill for sure.

Automated Home Jr Member

Like Gordanb3,

I can not prove I have saved money, but the fact that we mostly use the living room at night and the ability to just heat that zone while the two spare bedrooms get nothing unless we have visitors feels like we should save money but it is all about the ability to get heat where and when you want / need it.

But look at yearly usage and say yep i have saved X is pretty impossible IMO (for me anyway)...

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by M J View Post
    Like Gordanb3,

I can not prove I have saved money, but the fact that we mostly use the living room at night and the ability to just heat that zone while the two spare bedrooms get nothing unless we have visitors feels like we should save money but it is all about the ability to get heat where and when you want / need it.

But look at yearly usage and say yep i have saved X is pretty impossible IMO (for me anyway)...
    It is impossible unless the weather conditions and temperatures were the same for each year. There are savings with Evohome, because of the versatility it provides but the main benefit is not cash saved but better control of the system.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have HeatGenius on a Combi and it's saved me a ton, even in my little flat:

2016: 5175
    2017: 4903 (-5.2%)
    2018: 4864 (-1%)
    2019: 3333 (-31.5%)
    2020: 3574 (+7.2%)
    2021: 3591 (+0.4%, forecast)

Have a guess which year I installed it...