• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • therealfronty
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2021

T87RF crashes when temp reaches 32 degrees

Something weird going on here, it's been getting a little toasty in our conservatory and three times now the evotouch panel has reported a sensor error. I use a T87RF to get a more accurate measurement and when I check it it has completely locked up, turning the dial doesn't do anything and the display remains frozen. So I have pulled it off its backplate which powers it off, then reattached it, and then its fine again until the next day when it happens again. The display always reads 32 degrees when it's locked up, do these have a bug in them when it gets a bit hot or something?

Luckily I have a spare, so I have just swapped it over and will see if the problem reoccurs tomorrow, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I don't have an T87RF but for those that do it could be simulated by resting the sensor above a hot radiator - should be easy to get the reading to 32 degrees or above that way. Anyone game to try to see if theirs crashes too ?

Comment

• therealfronty
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2021

I replaced it with a spare I had and have had no problems since, so I'm guessing this one is faulty, it was part of a cheap job lot off ebay so not too bothered.

Comment

Working...
      X