X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Do not Buy a Candy Simply Fi washing machine or Washer Dryer etc

I have had my Candy Washer Dryer for about 6 months now. It was very good the app allowed me to customise washing programs and gave me access to many more options. An update from May 2021 meant that my washer dryer disappeared from the app, so I had to go through the whole set up process again, not an easy task. Did this and it still doesn't work. Latest update as of 25/07/2021 (thats when I updated) still has the same problems. Can't connect to the Candy server to verify my machine. So the app is now useless and the washing machine is basically an expensive normal machine.
    So any one out there thinking of buying a Candy or Hoover that is controlled via an app I wouldn't.
    I have contacted Candy support, and they have not been very helpful at all.
    I even asked them if I could be a beta tester for them, since its obvious there is no beta testing, but got no reply back from them after the standard automated response email.

Just wondered if anyone else was having problems with Hoover or Candy
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

We have a Hoover washer drier with Simply Fi - and to be honest the app has never worked very well, too confusing and cumbersome to configure a wash remotely.

All we use the app for is the notification when the washing is finished!

The actual washing/drying from the machine is quite good but in hindsight the touch sensitive button panel on the machine is confusing and unreliable (often doesn't detect button presses or goes into child lock and needs to be switched off at the wall) and the app is not much use either. Would not buy another one, and certainly would not buy one on the basis of the smartphone app.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 30 July 2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

I have a client who has a Hoover washing machine with the Simply Fi app and they have had no end of problems trying to get the app to connect.

The interesting thing is even though the app refuses to add my washer dryer I can still connect to it via Loxone to give me status updates and when its finished washing etc. So I would say the app is at fault.
      I am in contact with Candy/Hoover/Heir technical department on a monthly basis. But I they are not that helpful.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X