Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome 2nd hce80 not triggering boiler relay

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome 2nd hce80 not triggering boiler relay

Hi I have a evohome new ufh system with 2 manifolds and two hce80ís the boiler is at one end of the house the main controller and 1st hce80 are in the middle and the 2nd hce80 is at the opposite end of house to boiler,

The first ufh80 works great, the trouble is with the second one, the controller triggers the zones correctly and actuators work and pump turns on but it doesnít trigger the boiler relay on any of the zones connected to it.

My question is why? Is the hce80 talking direct to the boiler relay and the distance is too great or is boiler relay triggered from central controller which is what I think is happening. If the latter any ideas why boiler is not triggered from second hce80?

Automated Home Guru

The central controller is responsible for activating the boiler relay.

What does your System Summary screen (long press Settings) show when the second HCE80 zones are calling for heat?

Automated Home Lurker

9B8E8C7A-23B1-4E06-943C-5E7F34C997DB.jpgIt just says underfloor heating the same as the rooms not calling for heat, when I look at one of the rooms on the other hce80 is shows the same

9B8E8C7A-23B1-4E06-943C-5E7F34C997DB.jpg
    Last edited by mdf4068; 11th September 2021 at 11:51 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Looks like you don’t have a boiler relay configured?

You should see an Appliance entry for the BDR91 or OpenTherm boiler control.

How is your system wired?

Automated Home Lurker

Hi yes it has a bdr91 configured, but it’s on the pervious page as we have 8 zones, the devices that won’t trigger the boiler are on the page shown, what’s interesting is none of the zones in the summary have any info to the right of the underfloor heating for both ones that trigger the boiler or ones that don’t.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdf4068 View Post
    Hi yes it has a bdr91 configured, but itís on the pervious page as we have 8 zones, the devices that wonít trigger the boiler are on the page shown, whatís interesting is none of the zones in the summary have any info to the right of the underfloor heating for both ones that trigger the boiler or ones that donít.
    What firmware version are you running? Press SETTINGS. Keep the DEVICE SETTINGS button pressed until SYSTEM INFORMATION is displayed. Latest is 02.00.19.33

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    What firmware version are you running? Press SETTINGS. Keep the DEVICE SETTINGS button pressed until SYSTEM INFORMATION is displayed. Latest is 02.00.19.33
    Hi it is application 01.00.07.01. WiFi 02.00.17.00

How do I update it

Automated Home Guru

Contact customer support: consumersupportuk@resideo.com
    Provide this info:

MAC ID and CRC code of the Evohome.

The MAC address and CRC code of the evohome controller can be found in the following ways:

On the label when removing the plastic front frame of the evohome controller
    On the REGISTER ONLINE screen once the thermostat is connected to your wireless network

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Contact customer support: consumersupportuk@resideo.com
    Provide this info:

MAC ID and CRC code of the Evohome.

The MAC address and CRC code of the evohome controller can be found in the following ways:

On the label when removing the plastic front frame of the evohome controller
    On the REGISTER ONLINE screen once the thermostat is connected to your wireless network
    Thanks, I have emailed support today to push out the new firmware, hopefully that might solve it, I will post when its updated and re tested

Automated Home Guru

It might not solve it but it will at least allow us to debug more easily, by seeing the zone demand percentages