• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

Domoticz notifications

I’m assuming that I can get Domoticz to notify me when Evohome gets a fault entry in its log. Battery low, comms fault, etc. I’ve looked through the wiki and, as far as I can understand it, it’s talking about being notified when, eg, a radiator comes on. The ‘Log’ icon (under utilities) shows the log entries and has a notifications button but, again, I can’t work out how to make it do what I want.

Any advice, anyone?
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I coded this bit in Domoticz, so I know it works :-) And in fact the notifications was my primary reason for parsing the Fault log and publishing it to Domoticz. This addresses the biggest drawback in Evohome of notification during a fault condition. And even the main screen clears with no evidence of a Fault if the Fault has been restored by the time you see it.
    The way you do it is to create a Notification rule on the Fault Log device.
    See my screen shot that should give you a clue. I want to be notified on any non 0 condition. And I want to be notified via email. How you get notified is dependent on how you have configured Domoticz.
    Attached Files

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

Thanks, that looks straightforward. I'll give it a go!

Comment

• Borgjoy
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2021

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing this. How do you get to that option page? When I click on switches-->notifications, I don's see an option for "update" I do see (under type) switch on/switch off/last update

Justin

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Click the Notifications button on the Fault Log card found in the Utility sensor page.

Comment

• Borgjoy
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2021

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            Click the Notifications button on the Fault Log card found in the Utility sensor page.
            Bruce, do I need to somehow add the Evo controller as a utility? It is currently set as a "switch"
            Under the Utility tab I see: No Utility sensors found or added in the system...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Have you actually selected the "Fault Logbook" sensor to be visible in your Devices list. Sounds like you may not have done that. You need to find the device called Fault Log and make sure it has a Blue left arrow icon and not a Green right arrow icon. Once done the Fault Logbook sensor card will appear in the Utility page.

Comment

• Borgjoy
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2021

Have you actually selected the "Fault Logbook" sensor to be visible in your Devices list. Sounds like you may not have done that. You need to find the device called Fault Log and make sure it has a Blue left arrow icon and not a Green right arrow icon. Once done the Fault Logbook sensor card will appear in the Utility page.
                Strange, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't see any devices in my list called: "Fault Logbook", I see the Evo controller and I see the actuators

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

What version of Domoticz are you running?

See a screenshot of my Devices list.Screenshot_20211014-150227_Chrome.jpg

Comment

• Borgjoy
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2021

Hi Bruce,

I am running:
                    Version: 2021.1
                    Build Hash: 8547c5b7e
                    Compile Date: 2021-04-17 16:29:11
                    dzVents Version: 3.1.7
                    Python Version: None

Comment

• gordonb3
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Dec 2016

What version of Domoticz are you running?
                      Likely better to ask what hardware type is used. A source scan reveals that "Fault Logbook" is part of EvohomeRadio, so you won't see this device on Web or Script.

Comment

• Borgjoy
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2021

Ah, that may be the issue.
                        I am using an Evohome Touch Controller and several HR92 actuators,

Thank you

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

What interface are you using to receive the RF signals?

Comment

• Borgjoy
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2021

The RF signals are received by the touch controller which talks to the actuators, I do sometimes see faults in the controller faults log book and thought these could be displayed by or at least logged via Domoticz

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

Sorry, I should have been clearer how is your Domoticz getting the Evohome data. Seems to me, you don't have an RF interface that is feeding the Evohome data into Domoticz. You need something like the HGI80 or the SSM, in case you want all the features.

Create your own free ecommerce store with Freewebstore. Build your free online store, add your own products and start making your fortune with a free website powered by our free ecommerce software.

Comment

Working...
                              X