• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Borgjoy View Post
    The RF signals are received by the touch controller which talks to the actuators, I do sometimes see faults in the controller faults log book and thought these could be displayed by or at least logged via Domoticz
    Seems like the two of you are not communicating on the same level.

The question Bruce asked meant to be what hardware type you selected in Domoticz to make it show your Evohome zones and controller mode. There are 4 possible options here:
    1. Evohome via USB
    2. Evohome via LAN
    3. Evohome via script
    4. Evohome via Web API

The latter two of these hardware types do not expose a fault logbook device. Evohome via Web API does however show an offline state for zones that fail to report (I think - my personal build does in any case). You could set a trigger on that but you will have to do it for every zone individually.

Comment

• Borgjoy
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2021

Thanks gordonb3,

I am using the Evohome via Web API in Domoticz - doesn't seem like I can show faults with my current set up so I will leave it for now,

Thank you

Justin

Comment

• filbert
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        I coded this bit in Domoticz, so I know it works :-) And in fact the notifications was my primary reason for parsing the Fault log and publishing it to Domoticz. This addresses the biggest drawback in Evohome of notification during a fault condition. And even the main screen clears with no evidence of a Fault if the Fault has been restored by the time you see it.
        The way you do it is to create a Notification rule on the Fault Log device.
        See my screen shot that should give you a clue. I want to be notified on any non 0 condition. And I want to be notified via email. How you get notified is dependent on how you have configured Domoticz.
        I’ve set this up and get an email when there’s a fault but the message is always “ Fault Logbook Usage is 4 [>= 1.0 ]”. I can’t get it to tell me what the actual fault is. Am I missing something?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I’ve set this up and get an email when there’s a fault but the message is always “ Fault Logbook Usage is 4 [>= 1.0 ]”. I can’t get it to tell me what the actual fault is. Am I missing something?
          The data in the Fault Logbook device will tell you what the actual fault is.
          see https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...ll=1#post46103
          You should be able to display that data in the notification too. I've forgotten how to use Domoticz now.

Comment

Working...
          X