Thread: Heating Off, the new firmware and TRVs sticking

Automated Home Legend

Default Heating Off, the new firmware and TRVs sticking

I was watching a video on TRV repairs and it seemed to suggest that when the Heating system is switched off for the season all the manual TRVs should be rotated to the open position. This is to stop them ceasing in the closed position.
    However with Evohome when you click Heating Off, all the TRVs go to the closed position and stay there. Do the HRxx valves have any sort of pin cease safety that basically operates the TRV pin at regular intervals to avoid them ceasing but in doing so doesn't generate a Heat Demand that fires the boiler.
    I know the new firmware does not resend the Heating Off command at regular intervals. So any HRxx that has been manually turned up will open the TRV but won't fire the boiler. So is this what we should be doing? I.e. Click Heating Off at the controller and then go round and turn all the HRxx valves to Full? Problem is that in my system if I did this then my radiators would get hot when the HW kicks in.

Automated Home Guru

I thought I read something something that said the HR92's cycle once every week or two precisely to prevent valve stickyness.

Automated Home Legend

Even with the new firmware and while Heating is off.?
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 18th September 2021 at 01:21 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Mine's been set to off on the control panel since around May (although the TRV displays are all showing 5 degrees) but I've not heard them do any valve cycling at all since then.