• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MajorDanby
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2019

Evohome underfloor heating

Hi guys,

Had EH installed for a couple of years now on with an S plan system.

Just about to have an extension and will be installing UFH. Just wanted to check if there is anything I should be aware of? Couple of specific questions:

- per the manufactures instructions the UFH needs to have a separate zone valve. When binding the HCE80R do you have the option to bind a separate bdr91 to control said zone valve?

-I’d like to install a high temperature cut off via a floor probe, how would I go about wiring this in to the HCE80R?

Thanks

Craig
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Is your extension or the UFH area actually be divided into zones that can be shut off from one and other? Or will the entire manifold be serving an open plan area?

Comment

• MajorDanby
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2019

Thanks Bruce, we will be having two separate zone for the UFH

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Might still be cheaper to use two BDR91s rather than the Evohome UFH controller for just two zones. You anyway need remote sensors in every zone. But rather than the UFH controller operating the motorised manifold actuators, you can use the BDR91 to do that.

Comment

• kevinsmart
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Sep 2018

I found BDR91 relays to be noisy, and with TPI annoying if installed in a living area.

The HCE80 has more intelligence around pump control, with overrun, and quiet actuator control (solid state?). Less clicking on TPI.

You could activate the zone valve with the pump and connect a high temperature cut off in series.

Comment

• MajorDanby
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2019

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. Kevin particularly like your suggestion. Feels much neater with the temp override cutting zone valve and therefore boiler call for heat.

Interestingly spoke the evohome shop, who advised me to bin all the zone valves, advice that I will be ignoring. I appreciate that for evohome they are not strictly necessary; however if I ever moved home of wanted a different system…

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Having Zone Valves in place for main circuits Rads, UFH and HW makes a lot of sense. Even if you latch them open or make them open its still useful to keep them. It then doesn't tie you into Evohome. And there is enough of data to suggest that TPI done on the main zone Valve in addition to the individual TRVs is better to maintain temperature.
              I recently installed a single port rotary valve on my UFH circuit. I could have replaced the single port zone valve with it but decided to keep both. This gives me the flexibility of both

Comment

Working...
              X