• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olektrolek
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2018

Evohome underfloor HCC80R, more than three actuators in single zone

Hello,

hopefully my post will not be considered duplicated - I was trying to find the answer around but seem to be first having this issue.

my underfloor heating has 5 heating "loops/heating circuits" in one large living room.

apologies my non professional language - by "loop" i mean the pipe going under the floor controlled by single actuator MT4.

so:
    - evohome evotouch +
    - have 5 circuits, each controlled by separated MT4 actuator
    - three actuators connected to HCC80R controller as of now
    - also several rooms upstairs, with rads controlled by HR92 - hence evotouch.

issue is - there is a limit of maximum three actuators connected wired to single zone in HCC80R
    how can I wire other two actuators to the same zone in underfloor controller?

Some ideas I have:
    - define second room in evotouch unit + second temp sensor, bind to second zone in HCC80R with other two actuators wired,
    - wire some relay to HCC80 output with all 5 actuators driven by relay
    - have two zones from HCC80 bound somehow(?) to the same room in evotouch?

third seems to most convenient - but - is it possible to do

thanks, Prem
    Last edited by olektrolek; 27 September 2021, 01:49 PM.
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

I encountered this situation. All you need to do is to use two zones on the HCC80, one with 3 actuators, the next with 2 and bind them to the same room zone/thermostat in Evohome. They will activate together.

After you have hit the green button on the evo controller to bind the first HCC80R zone to the evo controller zone, simply jump to the next HCC80R zone you want to add. To do this 2 pushes on the HCC80R unit bind button to skip to the next HCC80R zone - if necessary repeat the 2 pushes until you get to your desired HCC80R zone (green flashing light on desired ufh zone). Then hit the back arrow on the evo controller, and push the green bind button on the evo controller.
    Last edited by kevinsmart; 27 September 2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• olektrolek
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
      I encountered this situation. All you need to do is to use two zones on the HCC80, one with 3 actuators, the next with 2 and bind them to the same room zone/thermostat in Evohome. They will activate together.
      oh!
      as simple as that? sounds great

will deffo give a try.
      do you know if this is officially supported feature - multiple HC zones bound to the same room in evotouch
      or is it kinda hack?

is there any risk of previous binding to hc-zone1 being "pushed out" by new binding set for hc-zone2?

Comment

• kevinsmart
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Sep 2018

It is a supported configuration for large rooms.

I edited my post above with instructions on how to do it.

Comment

• olektrolek
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2018

cheers,
          that explains.

Comment

Working...
          X