• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n07tv
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • May 2004

Playing MP3 tunes from USB Hard Drive

I have a large external USB hard drive with all my MP3s on it. I want to find the cheapest and easiest way of playing these through a device that plugs into my hifi.

I see it as a small MP3 player with support for external hard drive via USB and 2 line level audio outputs.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    P
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Playing MP3 tunes from USB Hard Drive

How about this product from Aleratec http://www.aleratec.com/usbcocrplpa31.html
    Don't know if it would work with other file types as it seems to be geared towards photos.
    Here is something similar http://www.xpcgear.com/mp3hdvox20gb.html
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• n07tv
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • May 2004

Anyone know of anything I can direct from the UK?

The idea is simple ... I just want to play my MP3 collection directly from my USB hard drive via my hifi without using a bloody pc or laptop.

n.

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

Jamo's new DMR60 surround sound and DVD player box has a USB input on the front and will play from it.

I am using this as my main hifi in the lounge as it has a AM/FM tuner in it as well and it sound great (all be it though a £700 of Jamo speakers, its nice being in the trade)

www.jamo.com has more details, not sure how much control it gives you though.
        www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• n07tv
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • May 2004

Thanks for that, I had found something similar in the form of a personal media player, but I was hoping for something in the £100 - £200 mark.

I have an iPod Mini and have been trying to work out if that at all can be used, even considered plugging them both into a USB hub just to see what happens. I suspect iTunes will be involved somewhere though :cry:

Comment

• vex
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2005

Sorry, The jamo amp/dvd/turner box is only £410 on its own or with some very sexy little surround sound speakers for £589.00.

I just happened to fancy some BIG speakers and spent another £700 on just those (big smile)

Chris
            www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
            NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
            X