• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

HM80 Actuator Run Time parameter getting reset

I'm at a complete loss. I installed a new HM80 mixing valve to control my UFH. I set the Actuator Run Time to 90seconds (which is the default) but something is resetting this parameter in the Installer menu to 1 second. However what is also strange is that when I go to update the parameter, the counter doesn't start from 1sec but 10secs. The parameter is getting reset in a few hours somehow.

Any clues?
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

Thinking back to how I set my HM80 up, Bruce. It was on the older firmware and at that time after configuring the parameters, you needed to change the heating type from MIXING VALVE to ZONE VALVES, to provide a heat demand to the boiler.

I don’t think it’s necessary now with the latest firmware, but it might be worth trying, because I still ran with this setting after the upgrade and it worked fine.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

With the new firmware if I try and change the device type then it loses the binding too. Also you needed to change the device type so that a Heat/Boiler Demand could be created. That is happening just fine. It's just this parameter that is getting reset.

I also figured out that the lowest Run time setting is 10seconds and yet the parameter is being set to 1 second. See picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

• kevinsmart
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Sep 2018

Yes, looks like a bug, but does the default 150s not work for you, why do you want to change it?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Even the defaults will change to 1sec after a while.

Comment

• kevinsmart
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Sep 2018

As I understand it, this parameter sets the closed to open, 0-100% (90 degrees) actuator time.

What do you observe when there is a 100% demand, how long does it take to open the valve?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

OK this is definitely a bug, there is absolutely nothing in the logs that shows me anything that is changing the Mixing Valve parameters and yet after a while the Actuator Run Time parameter is set to 1sec.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I think I have proven this is a bug and might actually have been there for a very long time, except now it has surfaced because of there being no need to change the Device type. What seems to happen is that if you leave the device as a Mixing Valve, the new firmware generates a heat demand for it without needing to change the device type to a Zone Valve - this bit works fine. However when you leave the device as a Mixing Valve after 24 hours (and every 24hours thereafter) of the last change to any Mixing Valve parameters, the Controller will send out the Mixing Valve parameters again. Almost as a reminder to any devices that need it. During that time the Actuator Run Time parameter gets mysteriously reset to an, impossible to set, 1 Second. So when the new Mixing Valve parameters are sent out after 24hours, the HM80 reads this new 1sec parameter as an instruction and updates itself. 1sec is too short a time for the Actuator to work, and that's where you hit the bug. In previous firmware versions after you set the Mixing Valve parameters you needed to change the device type to Zone Valve to generate a Heat Demand for that zone. However in doing so, you also stopped the controller from sending out any more Mixing Valve parameter reminders, so the initial settings stuck with the HM80 and were never reset.
                I might have no choice but to use this same method of changing the Device Type.

Comment

Working...
                X