Thread: Humidity levels for Evohome system (newbie)

Automated Home Lurker

Default Humidity levels for Evohome system (newbie)

We've had the Evohome system for a year now and have had no problems with the valves at all *except* for the one in our shower/wet room: two radiator valves have failed so far. I thought it would be OK as there is good ventilation via an extractor fan and the radiator is well away from direct contact with water, but I bought a humidity meter and it reads 99% immediately after a shower.

Has anyone else had issues in humid rooms?
    Last edited by dhenty; 11th October 2021 at 03:15 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Your direct experience shows these are not suitable for high humidity areas and it kind of make sense if you look to their "open" construction. What has failed on them? Battery connections? You could grease them to prevent oxidation. But why bother with them, isn't it a simple thermostat head sufficient?

Automated Home Lurker

The first time the display went weird then the temperature readings went haywire; the second time, the display went weird then the batteries drained overnight.

A thermostat head would be fine in the winter when the central heating is firing to heat other rooms, but I want the radiator to come on occasionally in summer as well to dry the towels.

I guess my question is really: can you set the evohome system to activate the boiler based purely on time, even if all the smart valves are off?