• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkknight
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2005

Perculiar switches wanted

Hi,

I'm seeking a unique set up which I don't beleive exists out there... but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I would like a double wall switch, but not to work in the traditional way.

The first switch would function as per normal to control the room's single light.

But the second I would like to work independently of the ceiling lighting to control any designated lamp/ appliance sockets.

My goal is to control all lighting in the room - which is made up of ceiling and floor lamps.

I'd prefer to avoid DIN controllers.

Any advice would be appreictaed.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Perculiar switches wanted

The solution is already out there. What you need is an AWM2 Micromodule One switch would control your lights, (this actually controls an internal relay)and the other switch would control your socket. For the socket control you would need an AW12 micromodule. You would also need some way of programming the modules with the correct addresses. Simply Automate could probably do this for you for a small extra fee if you don't have the nessecary equipment. If you want to do this yourself then either the mini-timer MT10 sometimes called a bedroom timer (it looks like a clock radio) or a TM13 plus an 8-in-1 Universal Remote or an HR10E Handheld Remote control plus a TM13 module
    Available from www.intellihome.be or www.simplyautomate.co.uk or www.laser.com
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• darkknight
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2005

@toscal

You're a star.... Thanks! I honestly didn't think such a controller existed!
      I assume there must be a dimmable version to control both he ceiling light and wall sockets ?

I already own lamp plug in modules and IR7243W so I assume I'll be able to program and control it with these ?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• darkknight
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2005

@toscal : Sorry - one other thing.

In your reply back to me, you reommended teaming up the AWM2 with the AW12 micro module for the wall sockets.

From what I've read at LetsAutomate.com, their wording also gives the impression that micromodules are compatible with each other.

But does this imply that the AWM2 (or the dimmable LWM1) are not usable with regular plug-in modules, such as the LM12 ?

I just need peice of mind that the wall switch will be compatible with my existing equipment, which are predominatly, regular and X10^2 plug-in modules.

Thanks again.

Comment

• kevinlo
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2005

First of all , sorry for my poor english and understanding.

Is that mean AWM2 = X10-4206 ?
          Or TMD4 = X10-4206 ?

Thank you so much.
          ============================
          Kevin Lo
          New X10 Product for 220V Countries !
          http://www.automation-at-home.com
          http://x10-hk.com/store/
          ============================

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Any X10 product is compatible with each other, I have had micromodules controlling plugin modules, and that works. All you really have to make sure that if you require a module to control another module that the controlling module is of the 2 way variety. That means that it transmits it status. By this I mean that when you switch on A2, it will also transmit A2 ON. So any other module that is A2 will also come on. Very useful if you want 1 switch to control many lights in different parts of the house. The IR7243W should be ok for programming.
            Some of these x10 ^2 plug in modules are only one way ie they don't transmit their status. SO be careful when selecting your modules, its caught me out a few times.
            IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X