• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NGNDigital
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2006

Market for home automation - multiroom networks

Hi All

I own a Ltd company dealing in structured cabling network design and installs i.e fibre optics etc, All of our engineers a fully trained ex military installers, I s there a market to bring home automation and multiroom distribution into our company or is the market overcrowded for this type of thing?
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

Hi Danny,

IMO it very much depends on where you are going to pitch the market.

The high end of the market, with £10-£20-£50-£100k is quite busy and there are a good number of small companies that offer this level of bespoke.

However the larger volume builder market is still slow on the up take and therefore the lower cost, volume solutions could still be an attractive market for you.

Chris
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• NGNDigital
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2006

Re: Market for home automation - multiroom networks

So basic networks, automation aimed at your average household that is not rich then? Is that what you are saying? People who can not afford £10k-£100k, where is the best place to start looking at doing something like this? I am already going to go to the smart homes show in birmingham.
      Cant Wait

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

(Cough)

Look at the web sites on my sig?

(/Cough)

We will be at the Smart Home Show, exhibiting under our Konnect2, retail brand but I would be happy to talk trade with you at any time.

Chris
        www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
        X