Honeywell BDR91 / Honeywell Home evohome to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elprimo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2019

Honeywell BDR91 / Honeywell Home evohome to...

Hi folks,

Looking for a little advice on moving on from our current set up, which is a Honeywell Home evohome > BDR91 > honeywell zone valve (V4043H, I believe).

One small oddity - the house was originally a two-zone set up, but as it's not that big and the doors are all open all the time (cats) we run it as a single zone. One zone valve has had the actuator head removed and is set permanently open. The other works as normal. I don't think that's relevant, but just in case.

I'd like to upgrade to full Alexa control. The current set up doesn't do that, and if I stay Honeywell I need new controller + new relay.

Given that, is there any advantage sticking with Honeywell, or should I also be looking at Hive / Nest? Will it make any difference to the amount of rewiring at the relay box, or could I end up needing new zone valves?

One issue is that the house layout means the controller doesn't have a good line of sight to the relay and connection can be intermittent. Anything that will resolve that without an extra booster would be good.

Edit - and actually, thinking about it, given this is effectively a single zone system now, should I just be skipping the zone valves, leaving those both permanently open, and controlling the boiler directly?
    Last edited by elprimo; 2 November 2021, 10:07 AM.
Working...
X