Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome not behaving as expected

Automated Home Guru

I gotta be honest I haven't turned on any of the "smart" features, I just have zones going on and off at set times, I work in the home office from 9am every day so I have the HR92 in that room come on at 8 every morning, when I'm ready to start work it's normally with a degree or so of it's set point. This morning was particularly cold so it was a little lower but still quite comfy.

Image 1148.jpg

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    All the settings for the Quick Actions are within its own menu, including how much you want Eco set to. But when you turn it on, it won't ask you by how much, it uses the value you set earlier.
    Which is why I donít use the new variable eco feature as I would want to set it to a different value quite often, and it is too much of a faff to keep resetting in different menu. I would just like to chose offset and time when activating.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by therealfronty View Post
    I gotta be honest I haven't turned on any of the "smart" features, I just have zones going on and off at set times, I work in the home office from 9am every day so I have the HR92 in that room come on at 8 every morning, when I'm ready to start work it's normally with a degree or so of it's set point. This morning was particularly cold so it was a little lower but still quite comfy.

Image 1148.jpg
    Same here. Causes too many questions from the family about why the heating is not acting as expected. Keep it simple outweighs occasional overshoot etc. Would use the variable eco feature for manual weather or activity offsets if it was easier to activate at a different value each time, but too inconvenient as implemented.