• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiskyFudge
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2021

BDR91 Fault

I've got a BDR91 installed as a zone value relay for my Evohome. It's been successfully working for around 18months, however, it's suddenly stopped working. Evohome reports a comms failure. The device it's self does not show any activity through the LEDs. Pressing the button on the device for any length of time doesn't seem to gain a response. I've checked that the device is still receiving power, which it is. There's no sign of any damage to the PCB. At 18months old the device seems too young to die, especially since I've got an 8 year old BDR91 still going strong, but at this point a faulty device seems to be the only logical conclusion.

Does anyone have any ideas as to anything else I might want to try to fix it?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by WhiskyFudge View Post
    I've got a BDR91 installed as a zone value relay for my Evohome. It's been successfully working for around 18months, however, it's suddenly stopped working. Evohome reports a comms failure. The device it's self does not show any activity through the LEDs. Pressing the button on the device for any length of time doesn't seem to gain a response. I've checked that the device is still receiving power, which it is. There's no sign of any damage to the PCB. At 18months old the device seems too young to die, especially since I've got an 8 year old BDR91 still going strong, but at this point a faulty device seems to be the only logical conclusion.

Does anyone have any ideas as to anything else I might want to try to fix it?
    If there's no lights at all even when you press and hold the button it sounds like it's dead I'm afraid!

My three have been going 6 years now without any problems so I think you're just unlucky.

Comment

Working...
    X