• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

Evotouch showing hourglass on 6 out of 8 zones

Hi there,

I have this evotouch system I have installed myself with evotouch, BDR91 and 8 x HR92 controllers (since many years now ...) , but this is the first time I see 6 hourglasses on the evotouch (out of the 8 zones) appearing at the same time, even for heaters located very close from the evotouch ...

Do you know what this means ?
    As I write this post, a bit after midnight, it looks like they are slightly coming back all (at current only 4 hourglasses out of 8) ...

Could it be an upgrade of the system or ... ?

Many thanks !
  • anniesboy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2019

When an egg timer symbol appears on one of the zones, it means that the temperature between the HR92 and evohome is not synchronized.

In order to see the temperature for that zone again, you will need to go to this specific HR92, press the main button until the backlight is on and then go back to the controller. Now the temperature should be shown as normal.
    Region

Comment

• morpheus
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by anniesboy View Post
      When an egg timer symbol appears on one of the zones, it means that the temperature between the HR92 and evohome is not synchronized.

In order to see the temperature for that zone again, you will need to go to this specific HR92, press the main button until the backlight is on and then go back to the controller. Now the temperature should be shown as normal.
      Region
      thanks a lot, I have not done anything and as expected this morning when waking up all temperatures were showed on the evotouch and egg timers all disappeared.
      I really wonder what happened, maybe a kind of upgrade happened ?
      Also this is well a lack of communication between the evotouch and the HR92's right (BDR91 has nothing to do in here ?)

Many Thanks !

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

It can happen if the control panel loses contact with everything particularly after a reset or if you take it off it’s mains power and take the batteries out. When you put them back and back on power the egg time appears, sometimes for ages.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

If an update happened and you saw the control panel within about 30 minutes of that then yes you'd have egg timers for many zones.

Egg timers for many zones at once means either the device has rebooted recently or there has been a major comms issue (interference etc) for a considerable length of time.

Comment

Working...
          X