Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome TRV Valve Adapters

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome TRV Valve Adapters

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. DIYer.

I have just purchased 4 HR92s to add into our basic one zone set up.
    Each of the rads currently have different TRV bodies on and so I wondered which adapters I need as the HR92s I purchased didn't come with any (second hand)?
    See pics for TRV bodies. Web links to the adapters would be great.

Pic one is unbranded, pic two is Corgi, pic three is Danfoss.

Also, I don't plan to install HR92s in the living room (where the controller is) the bathroom (heated towel rail) and the kitchen (kick-plate heater) - will this matter/effect the setup?

thanks
    Nigel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nigpay1 View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. DIYer.

I have just purchased 4 HR92s to add into our basic one zone set up.
    Each of the rads currently have different TRV bodies on and so I wondered which adapters I need as the HR92s I purchased didn't come with any (second hand)?
    See pics for TRV bodies. Web links to the adapters would be great.

Pic one is unbranded, pic two is Corgi, pic three is Danfoss.

Also, I don't plan to install HR92s in the living room (where the controller is) the bathroom (heated towel rail) and the kitchen (kick-plate heater) - will this matter/effect the setup?

thanks
    Nigel
    A recommended TRV body is a Honeywell one which the Evohome Shop sell. I can’t think of the part number but it appears on their site. Much better using these.

If you have radiators in the living room then I am curious as to why you don’t want to install HR92s on them. The Control Panel will switch the boiler on and off when needed but it can’t open up the radiators. You could then find the boiler comes on but the radiators don’t warm up if you have other types of TRV on them and they are turned down.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    A recommended TRV body is a Honeywell one which the Evohome Shop sell. I canít think of the part number but it appears on their site. Much better using these.

If you have radiators in the living room then I am curious as to why you donít want to install HR92s on them. The Control Panel will switch the boiler on and off when needed but it canít open up the radiators. You could then find the boiler comes on but the radiators donít warm up if you have other types of TRV on them and they are turned down.
    Hi,
    I'm not after replacement bodies, I'm after the adapters to fit HR92s onto the existing bodies.
    The Evotouch controls the temperature in the living room (and therefore currently the house), hence no need for a HR92 on that particular radiator.

Automated Home Guru

Did you get baseplates with the HR92s? They might already be installed, slide the clip on the underneath of an HR92 and see if you can pull it out, one end will have a 28 or 30mm screw thread, the other end has a toothed black wheel thing and pin that goes up inside the HR92, you need to screw the baseplate onto each of your TRV bodies then clip on the HR92 body.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by therealfronty View Post
    Did you get baseplates with the HR92s? They might already be installed, slide the clip on the underneath of an HR92 and see if you can pull it out, one end will have a 28 or 30mm screw thread, the other end has a toothed black wheel thing and pin that goes up inside the HR92, you need to screw the baseplate onto each of your TRV bodies then clip on the HR92 body.
    Hi, Yes all four HR92s have the baseplates, it's more the adapters that I need help with. I believe the picture attached is the adapter I need for the Danfoss body but wasn't sure about the others?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Automated Home Sr Member

Did you see this, which I posted in response to a earlier question,not sure if it is of help

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content...-compatibility

Also https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/15-radiator-valve-adapters
    Last edited by anniesboy; 5th January 2022 at 12:49 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by anniesboy View Post
    Did you see this, which I posted in response to a earlier question,not sure if it is of help

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content...-compatibility

Also https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/15-radiator-valve-adapters
    Yes, thanks saw that. I think the Danfoss ones are simple, presumably just use the adapter shown in my last post. I can't see what adapter is necessary for the Corgi body or the (I think) NRG body.

Automated Home Jr Member

The Evotouch controls the temperature in the living room (and therefore currently the house), hence no need for a HR92 on that particular radiator.
    That won't work once you start creating zones for your rooms, if your living room is up to its required temperature but other rooms are still below their required temperature, the system will still be demanding heat from your boiler. If you don't have any HR92's on your living room radiators, you'll have no way of preventing them from continuing to heat up. The Evotouch on its own can only measure the living room temperature, it needs HR92s (or zone valves) as well to control it.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedEarth View Post
    That won't work once you start creating zones for your rooms, if your living room is up to its required temperature but other rooms are still below their required temperature, the system will still be demanding heat from your boiler. If you don't have any HR92's on your living room radiators, you'll have no way of preventing them from continuing to heat up. The Evotouch on its own can only measure the living room temperature, it needs HR92s (or zone valves) as well to control it.
    That would be the case for any radiators that don't have a HR92 on them though? We have a kick plate fan heater in the kitchen and a heated towel rail in the bathroom, both of which you can't fit HR92s to.
    We could put a HR92 on the living room radiator but would still have two rooms that don't have them.

Automated Home Jr Member

That would be the case for any radiators that don't have a HR92 on them though? We have a kick plate fan heater in the kitchen and a heated towel rail in the bathroom, both of which you can't fit HR92s to.
    We could put a HR92 on the living room radiator but would still have two rooms that don't have them.
    That's true, you wouldn't have any control over those either. I mentioned the living room specifically though because that's where you said the Evotouch will be, and it sounds like you want to use its internal sensor to be able to control the lounge temperature. You could get away with not having HR92s in any of the rooms you mentioned, but you'll only be able to create zones for the rooms that do have them. When I first installed Evohome, I didn't have any HR92s at all, so the while house was effectively just a single zone. I then fitted HR92s to the two bedrooms, lounge and kitchen, and finally purchased a 5th for the bathroom a couple months later. Running radiators without a HR92 is possible, but you only get heat there if the zones that do have HR92s are demanding it.