• Show
Clear All
  • nigpay1
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2018

Evohome TRV Valve Adapters

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. DIYer.

I have just purchased 4 HR92s to add into our basic one zone set up.
    Each of the rads currently have different TRV bodies on and so I wondered which adapters I need as the HR92s I purchased didn't come with any (second hand)?
    See pics for TRV bodies. Web links to the adapters would be great.

Pic one is unbranded, pic two is Corgi, pic three is Danfoss.

Also, I don't plan to install HR92s in the living room (where the controller is) the bathroom (heated towel rail) and the kitchen (kick-plate heater) - will this matter/effect the setup?

thanks
    Nigel
    Attached Files
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by nigpay1 View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. DIYer.

I have just purchased 4 HR92s to add into our basic one zone set up.
    Each of the rads currently have different TRV bodies on and so I wondered which adapters I need as the HR92s I purchased didn't come with any (second hand)?
    See pics for TRV bodies. Web links to the adapters would be great.

Pic one is unbranded, pic two is Corgi, pic three is Danfoss.

Also, I don't plan to install HR92s in the living room (where the controller is) the bathroom (heated towel rail) and the kitchen (kick-plate heater) - will this matter/effect the setup?

thanks
    Nigel
    A recommended TRV body is a Honeywell one which the Evohome Shop sell. I can’t think of the part number but it appears on their site. Much better using these.

If you have radiators in the living room then I am curious as to why you don’t want to install HR92s on them. The Control Panel will switch the boiler on and off when needed but it can’t open up the radiators. You could then find the boiler comes on but the radiators don’t warm up if you have other types of TRV on them and they are turned down.

Comment

• nigpay1
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      A recommended TRV body is a Honeywell one which the Evohome Shop sell. I can’t think of the part number but it appears on their site. Much better using these.

If you have radiators in the living room then I am curious as to why you don’t want to install HR92s on them. The Control Panel will switch the boiler on and off when needed but it can’t open up the radiators. You could then find the boiler comes on but the radiators don’t warm up if you have other types of TRV on them and they are turned down.
      Hi,
      I'm not after replacement bodies, I'm after the adapters to fit HR92s onto the existing bodies.
      The Evotouch controls the temperature in the living room (and therefore currently the house), hence no need for a HR92 on that particular radiator.

Comment

• therealfronty
        Automated Home Guru
        • May 2021

Did you get baseplates with the HR92s? They might already be installed, slide the clip on the underneath of an HR92 and see if you can pull it out, one end will have a 28 or 30mm screw thread, the other end has a toothed black wheel thing and pin that goes up inside the HR92, you need to screw the baseplate onto each of your TRV bodies then clip on the HR92 body.

Comment

• nigpay1
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by therealfronty View Post
          Did you get baseplates with the HR92s? They might already be installed, slide the clip on the underneath of an HR92 and see if you can pull it out, one end will have a 28 or 30mm screw thread, the other end has a toothed black wheel thing and pin that goes up inside the HR92, you need to screw the baseplate onto each of your TRV bodies then clip on the HR92 body.
          Hi, Yes all four HR92s have the baseplates, it's more the adapters that I need help with. I believe the picture attached is the adapter I need for the Danfoss body but wasn't sure about the others?
          Attached Files

Comment

• anniesboy
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Aug 2019

Did you see this, which I posted in response to a earlier question,not sure if it is of help

Also https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/15-radiator-valve-adapters
            Last edited by anniesboy; 5 January 2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• nigpay1
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2018

Yes, thanks saw that. I think the Danfoss ones are simple, presumably just use the adapter shown in my last post. I can't see what adapter is necessary for the Corgi body or the (I think) NRG body.

Comment

• RedEarth
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jan 2021

The Evotouch controls the temperature in the living room (and therefore currently the house), hence no need for a HR92 on that particular radiator.
                That won't work once you start creating zones for your rooms, if your living room is up to its required temperature but other rooms are still below their required temperature, the system will still be demanding heat from your boiler. If you don't have any HR92's on your living room radiators, you'll have no way of preventing them from continuing to heat up. The Evotouch on its own can only measure the living room temperature, it needs HR92s (or zone valves) as well to control it.

Comment

• nigpay1
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by RedEarth View Post
                  That won't work once you start creating zones for your rooms, if your living room is up to its required temperature but other rooms are still below their required temperature, the system will still be demanding heat from your boiler. If you don't have any HR92's on your living room radiators, you'll have no way of preventing them from continuing to heat up. The Evotouch on its own can only measure the living room temperature, it needs HR92s (or zone valves) as well to control it.
                  That would be the case for any radiators that don't have a HR92 on them though? We have a kick plate fan heater in the kitchen and a heated towel rail in the bathroom, both of which you can't fit HR92s to.
                  We could put a HR92 on the living room radiator but would still have two rooms that don't have them.

Comment

• RedEarth
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Jan 2021

That would be the case for any radiators that don't have a HR92 on them though? We have a kick plate fan heater in the kitchen and a heated towel rail in the bathroom, both of which you can't fit HR92s to.
                    We could put a HR92 on the living room radiator but would still have two rooms that don't have them.
                    That's true, you wouldn't have any control over those either. I mentioned the living room specifically though because that's where you said the Evotouch will be, and it sounds like you want to use its internal sensor to be able to control the lounge temperature. You could get away with not having HR92s in any of the rooms you mentioned, but you'll only be able to create zones for the rooms that do have them. When I first installed Evohome, I didn't have any HR92s at all, so the while house was effectively just a single zone. I then fitted HR92s to the two bedrooms, lounge and kitchen, and finally purchased a 5th for the bathroom a couple months later. Running radiators without a HR92 is possible, but you only get heat there if the zones that do have HR92s are demanding it.

Comment

• garymtitley
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Feb 2019

I have an Evohome system and all my radiators have Hr92’s on them including my bathroom towel rad and smiths plinth heater.I phoned the Evohome shop and spoke to Richard,the owner who advised me on what I needed.On the smiths plinth heater I have a Valencia straight valve with a Hr92 fitted this just the opening and closing and a Honeywell T87RF2033 room stat controlling the room temperature linked to the Evohome controller,this all works perfectly as per Richards advice.The only thing is you have to make sure that there is either a bypass built in to your boiler for when all the Hr92 close and the water has somewhere to go or an external bypass if your boiler doesn’t have one.I know this is a bit off topic because it was valve adapters that were being asked about,however I thought I’d share some info as I have a bathroom towel rad and plinth heater,it all works as it should and every room is zoned.My system is also Opentherm with a Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 combi boiler using the Vaillant Vr33 opentherm adapter which works very well.

Comment

• Backofthenet
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2021

Hello

realise this is an old thread but what adapter did you use for the towel rail valve (manual valve)?

Comment

Working...
                        X