• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

Evohome showing faults on nearly all actuators

I noticed a couple of rooms were showing "actuator comms fault" earlier today. I figured maybe a battery issue but the ones I checked seemed fine. Now, virtually ALL my actuators are showing faults - the control screen shows red triangles, and in the app over half my zones show no information now. The zones which are not reporting errors are showing weird temperatures, one is set to 5C another shows the window-open alarm. To repeat this is on the main controller not just the app.

I've seen this can happen when an update is in progress, is that the case right now? What can I do/check? Are any of you experiencing any issues? Could the controller itself or the interface unit have a fault? Is there a way to reboot the whole system or see diagnostic messages?
  • MajorDanby
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2019

Have you got a hot water sensor? Try changing the batteries in that. It’s sent my system screwy before

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

Originally posted by MajorDanby View Post
      Have you got a hot water sensor? Try changing the batteries in that. It’s sent my system screwy before
      no just the controller and a load of HR92. Some seem to have come back now after a few hours, others haven't. I haven't changed anything, all a bit weird.

I'd restart the controller but I'm worried in case it's in the middle of doing something and it makes things worse

Comment

• CT1
        Automated Home Guru
        • Apr 2016

Middle of winter would be a strange time for Resideo to push an unannounced firmware update. As you are also having problems with overrides on several HR92s it would point to a problem with the controller or some form of external interference.

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
          Middle of winter would be a strange time for Resideo to push an unannounced firmware update. As you are also having problems with overrides on several HR92s it would point to a problem with the controller or some form of external interference.
          Maybe but we've had the odd override issue for a couple of years - like one HR92 once a fortnight, this is very different. Never had units report as disconnected before, definitely not all at once! Over the following 8 hours or so, we have seen the zones one by one magically reappear. One remains off but it may be that one needs new batteries, it's hidden in the loft and I haven't had time to check.

Are there any deep debug menus/logs I can access on the controller?

Comment

Working...
          X