Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing the Evohome Hot Water Kit

Automated Home Jr Member

When I went to bed last night, the system was behaving as described in the edit to my last post, i.e. the hot water BDR91 seemed reluctant to turn on as per the schedule and if actuated manually would turn off again after 5 mins.

This morning, there was a warning message on the controller about a comms problem, but this seems to have fixed itself, as everything appears to be running normally. The hot water now heats up to my specified limit of 60 degrees, after which its BDR91 turns off and allows the heating BDR91 to turn on.

If this happy state of affairs continues then my only remaining irritation is the app's phantom zone, which has a target temp of 62 degrees but shows '--' where other zones display the zone name and actual temp. This looks like an app bug. Does everyone else also see this on the app?
    Last edited by haggis999; 13th January 2022 at 08:43 AM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Seems like contacting Honeywell, or removing your system in the portal and re-adding may sort this:

https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...hlight=phantom

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Seems like contacting Honeywell, or removing your system in the portal and re-adding may sort this:

https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...hlight=phantom
    Thanks for that. I've now emailed Honeywell about my phantom zone problem.

My hope that all else was now working correctly has proved to be over optimistic. When I closed the comms error message that appeared on the controller this morning it then displayed the normal zone status summary, which looked OK. I assumed that the error was a historical issue, as the system appeared to be working. However, I had missed a small red warning triangle in the hot water section of that display. Tapping that section displayed the same comms warning I had seen earlier:
    COMMS FAULT
    HEATING VALVE
    ACTUATOR

It seemed a little odd that the hot water system should generate an error with the 'Heating' actuator, but the System Summary shows that the error was actually with the 'Hot water' actuator, as you would expect.

Despite this, both the hot water and the heating still seem to be switching on and off in line with my schedules. An RF check also shows that communication with both of my BDR91s is 'excellent'.
    Last edited by haggis999; 13th January 2022 at 11:09 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

My problems are now fixed. The Honeywell support rep deleted my phantom zone from the app. He also advised me to clear the Fault Logbook within Settings and that removed the comms error icon from the hot water status.

All now seems to be well. Thanks to all here who have made a contribution to helping me understand how the Evohome system works. It is much appreciated