• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankmalia
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2019

Adding Electric radiators to Evohome with extra BDR91 Relay and Y87 Stat

Hello,
    I've built a summer house in garden, and want to use electric heating inside.

My current Evohome Setup Is 9xTRV controlling 9 zones and simple on off boiler control via BDR91 relay to combi boiler.

Can I add BDR91 Relay and Y87 wireless stat to zone 10 and use the BDR91 Relay to switch on the Radiator circuit, obviously via a power relay activating Radiators.

Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat | Y87RF2024 | Buy All The Latest Honeywell Home Products From The Evohome Experts @ The Smart Thermostat Shop.co.uk | Same Day Dispatch

How will this behave with a separate BDR91 Relay, will other zones effect it or it effect other zones. My current 1-9 zones control my appliance relay demand which is BDR91(original).

Will a separate appliance wireless relay appear that is only controlled via zone 10.

Cheers in advance for any help

Frank
    Last edited by frankmalia; 11 January 2022, 11:34 AM.
  • theasman
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2015

Yes you can add a BDR91 as a controller for electric heating. You will find this as an option when setting up your zone 10. I have two zones using the same set up as you suggest and they work independently of the boiler BDR91 and any other zone demands.

Comment

• frankmalia
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2019

Great thank you..

sounds like a plan..

Comment

• filbert
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2017

A bit of an old thread but this is just what I want to do as well. I have a small WC heated by a 750w oil filled radiator on a time switch. Using the built in stat in the rad doesn't work very well, obviously.

I have a spare BDR91A now superfluous, since a new combi boiler was installed so I'm wondering about adding the oil filled rad to my Evohome setup. Obviously, I need a temperature sensor but the T87RFxxxx is pricey at £80 or so - they do seem to come up on eBay but there seem to be various numbers after the RF - 2033, 2024, 2025 and I can't find out what the difference between them is. There's also a Y87RF, I think. A DT92 is another option, again is see different suffixes.

Any suggestions anyone? Are there any budget alternatives compatible with Evohome?
        Last edited by filbert; 18 December 2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Center, Pro, DT2R, Homexpert by Honeywell, Honeywell Home are all brands that are compatible with Evohome. I've bought the room sensors for as low as a tenner on eBay. You can even buy the manual dial sensors too which are compatible with Evohome but not cheaper.
          Last edited by bruce_miranda; 29 December 2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• filbert
            Automated Home Guru
            • Oct 2017

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on eBay

Comment

Working...
            X