Thread: Adding Electric radiators to Evohome with extra BDR91 Relay and Y87 Stat

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Adding Electric radiators to Evohome with extra BDR91 Relay and Y87 Stat

Hello,
    I've built a summer house in garden, and want to use electric heating inside.

My current Evohome Setup Is 9xTRV controlling 9 zones and simple on off boiler control via BDR91 relay to combi boiler.

Can I add BDR91 Relay and Y87 wireless stat to zone 10 and use the BDR91 Relay to switch on the Radiator circuit, obviously via a power relay activating Radiators.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...y87rf2024.html

How will this behave with a separate BDR91 Relay, will other zones effect it or it effect other zones. My current 1-9 zones control my appliance relay demand which is BDR91(original).

Will a separate appliance wireless relay appear that is only controlled via zone 10.

Cheers in advance for any help

Frank
    Last edited by frankmalia; 11th January 2022 at 10:34 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes you can add a BDR91 as a controller for electric heating. You will find this as an option when setting up your zone 10. I have two zones using the same set up as you suggest and they work independently of the boiler BDR91 and any other zone demands.

Automated Home Sr Member

Great thank you..

sounds like a plan..