• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Storage Combi of choice these days

Asking for a friend, no seriously. He doesn't have the space or need for a full blown Unvented cylinder and system boiler. But can fit a Storage Combi.
    In 2022, what would be the boiler of choice. The names Intergas and ATAG etc, that I mentioned to him don't make a storage combi, apparently.
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

My go to would probably be a Worcester HighFlow 440/550, or a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 938. Although the Vaillant's tank is only 20l so tbh I don't think it gives you any benefit over the 838.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

On a storage combi can the Kitchen HW output be done in such a way that it doesn't deplete the HW stored, which is used only for the bathrooms?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        On a storage combi can the Kitchen HW output be done in such a way that it doesn't deplete the HW stored, which is used only for the bathrooms?
        No, unfortunately not.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

How does the combi maintain the temperature in its storage container? Using gas via its heating loop or via an immersion top up heater?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            How does the combi maintain the temperature in its storage container? Using gas via its heating loop or via an immersion top up heater?
            Using Gas, different ones operate differently. Some use the plate heat exchanger, other's work a bit like a traditional system then switch over into combi mode.

IMO they're a waste of time. You either have a big output combi and use the comfort features, or have a system boiler and unvented cylinder. I don't see what benefit you gain from them other than high maintenance costs when they go wrong!

Comment

Working...
            X