• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark8par
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2018

Evohome with underfloor heating

Good afternoon,

I currently have a Honeywell Evohome System in my home and need some advice please.

We are having an extension built and want to install wet underfloor heating system and incorporate it in to our Evohome setup, is this something that can be done without too much complication?

Our currently boiler system is a Megaflo unvented system. Connected is 2 x BDR91 1 x Hot water kit and a number of HR92 radiator controllers.

Do you know what we might need to make this system work?

Kind regards

Mark
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Is the UFH zone going to be a single zone or are you going to want to zone the UFH manifold. Is the UFH zone genuinely able to be separated in the extension i.e. into rooms with doors that close. If not and the entire thing is one big zone then you can just used a single BDR bound as zone valve in Evohome to control the UFH pump/motorised zone value and then use a remote wall stat like the T87RF or DTS92

Comment

• mark8par
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2018

Thanks for the reply.

Basically all of the rooms are zoned in the house but because you can only have 12 on the controller i will zone the kitchen (2 radiators) with the underfloor heating. So based on that do you think i would just need the underfloor heating kit and connect this to a bdr91 or would i need the HCC80R? i thought the HCC80R was more for multiple underfloor heating systems. The underfloor system i was thinking of getting it this

The Underfloor Heating Store is a market-leading, award-winning online retailer of electric and water underfloor heating systems in the United Kingdom.

Thanks
      Mark

Comment

• M J
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jul 2021

Hi I just added our UFH to the EvoHome controller and it was as simple as replacing the Stat with a BDR91 and adding a Y87RF2024 Single Zone Stat.

The BDR91 controls the 2 port valve to open the flow of water and the Stat controls when the that BDR91 does that.

I have one room with UFH so we did not need the EvoHome UFH kit.

As Bruce says "Is the UFH zone going to be a single zone or are you going to want to zone the UFH manifold"

Sounds like you are just going for one UFH zone so all you need is a BDR91 and a Stat of your choice.

Comment

Working...
        X