• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SIW1973
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2018

Reliable Corner TRV for HR92

7 years ago we did a full refurb of the house we purchased including new rads / valves trying to get the most aesthetic design which included embedding pipes into the walls to come out just by the radiators. We fitted corner TRVs as they worked with this design (below) and they were £25 each at the time!!

Buy Chrome Corner, Thermostatic Valves From Geyser. A Huge Selection Of Valves In Stock And Available Next Day Via Our Bolton Distribution Centre.

2 years after I fitted Evohome and for 4 years it worked perfectly.

I started having problems with one radiator where it would heat up when others were correctly drawing heat even though the system summary was showing the valve should be closed. I've set Stroke to 1 and it has made no difference unfortunately.

A second radiator started to show this so I removed the HR92 and put the old TRV manual head on a turned down to "Frost" setting and I was getting significant amounts of heat. Whereas on another radiator with the old TRV head on I get no heat at all.

One other point to note is that I have a leaking radiator joint that I need to get fixed and therefore have to top up the system pressure every couple of days from 0.3 bar to 1 bar.

I looked at Honeywell valves and they no longer seem to sell corner valves so looking for recommendations and would like them to work with HR91s if possible.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I have used Pegler since my CM Zone and Hometronic days and they are still absolutely fine. Infact the only TRV that failed is one that was installed by my plumber on the assurance it was a great TRV. Replaced it to a Pegler.

Comment

• SIW1973
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2018

Thanks for this but I can't see any "corner" TRVs (where inlet, outlet and valve are in separate 3D planes) in the Pegler range.

They just seem to be "straight" or "angled". Could you send me a link?

Comment

Working...
      X