• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Alexa and Evohome - I now seem to have duplicates of everything

Alexa now lists all my Evohome devices twice. The Quick actions are now listed as Scenes, the rooms are listed as Thermostats but also Other.
    Do I need to manually go and delete each of the old device types.

Has anyone else noticed this?
  • CT1
    Automated Home Guru
    • Apr 2016

I keep getting this with my Philips Hue lighting. I delet the duplicate devices but they keep reoccurring. Not found a way to stop it. EvoHome currently looks okay on Alexa, but I have not used it for about 2 years as easier to use app. May have to go the same way for Hue lights.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Also the Day Off quick action isn't an option/Scene.

Comment

• philchillbill
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2017

Is it possible with the standard TCC Alexa skill to specify an until/duration for overrides (e.g. 'Alexa, set the Bedroom to 20 deg for 30 minutes')? I've never actually used the official TCC skill because for years I've had my own skill that controls Evohome via my HGI-80 and Domoticz.

I was in the process of adding an Alexa Smart-Home handler to the EvoControl custom skill to turn it into a 'Multi-Capability' custom/smart-home skill which would also expose your zones to the Alexa app, meaning you could ditch the TCC skill entirely. To my horror, I just saw that Amazon will deprecate the supportsScheduling concept which is what facilitates the until/duration for Smart Home skills (note that EvoControl does not need this). It's been replaced by the Alexa.ThermostatController.Schedule Interface which allows full schedule editing in the Alexa app (mind you, in 'en-US' only) but has zero voice support, meaning that 'until' will go away as a smart-home capability.

Maybe some of Amazon's changes around this transition are what caused the duplicates people saw.
        Last edited by philchillbill; 7 April 2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Ghostrider
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
          Is it possible with the standard TCC Alexa skill to specify an until/duration for overrides (e.g. 'Alexa, set the Bedroom to 20 deg for 30 minutes')? I've never actually used the official TCC skill because for years I've had my own skill that controls Evohome via my HGI-80 and Domoticz.
          No that's where your skill comes in.

Comment

Working...
          X