• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbuller
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2020

HR91 never demanding heat

I bought an HR91 to be a valve on a 2nd radiator in a room (and house) controlled by HR92s.

Its LEDs do what's expected but it didn't seem to move the valve at all.

I've cleared the binding and set it up as a test zone on its own but just put it on a desk, not on a radiator - that shouldn't matter right?

If I make the set point really high nothing happens: no whirring, no cogs moving and the controller says its heat demand is still 0%. It's reporting temperatures to the controller and I can see this on Domoticz too. Pressing the on/off button changes the set point on the controller/Domotics from 5 to 20 degrees. RF comms check is ok, though there was 1 error last night.

Ok I admit, that I went with the HR91 to save a few £s compared to the HR92. Furthermore due to supply shortages and price I actually bought a THR091 https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077BCY6RR/ intended for eastern Europe. The blurb indicates the difference is just the instruction manual language. Maybe there is a functional difference?

If nothing else hopefully this thread will be a flag to someone else thinking of doing similar.

Any ideas?
  • benwillcox
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2020

Did you move the little plastic locking slider to the closed position so that it thinks it's on a radiator?

Comment

• jbuller
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by benwillcox View Post
      Did you move the little plastic locking slider to the closed position so that it thinks it's on a radiator?
      I know what you mean about locking it on, though on the HR91 it's not a slider but the whole base.

I have now heard it whirring and seen the cogs move twice while I've had it on the desk after fiddling with it. But its happened a long while after locking it and nowhere near as much as I'd expect, especially compared to the HR92 on the radiator nearby.

Maybe it was calibrating as it has just kept going, since there was no resistance?

It seems odd that it doesn't cycle to calibrate like the HR92s do when refitted.

Also the System Summary on the controller always says its 0%, never anything else. Should it be reporting its status?

The instructions say you can push its buttons to make it report its status but I've never made this work. Anyone else?

Am I right in thinking it should be put on with the vale open, wound full anticlockwise?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Is the HR91 on a second radiator in the same zone as the HR92?

Comment

• jbuller
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Sep 2020

It is was originally but when it appeared to not behave the same as the first radiator I took it off for experimentation.
          Once I saw that did something, its back on the radiator but as its own zone so I can monitor it specifically.
          Which is why I've noticed it never saying anything other than 0% despite the radiator being hot.
          What's harder to detect is if its cold (ie shut) when radiators in other room zones are hot

Comment

Working...
          X