• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mart77
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2020

Evohome Underfloor Heating - What's Needed - Confused

Hi there,

I am about to add two underfloor zones to my evohome system (8 Zones with HR92 and Hot water) - System Boiler.

My understanding is for two zones I need the HC80R and two zone wireless thermostats.

Can someone confirm if I also need an additional BDR91 that connects to a new zone valve that then connects to the HC80R then the manifold pump? I'm not sure what fires the boiler - is that from the HC80R?

The UFH is going to be a WUNDA Pump Station with 2 port manifold.

I am also fitting a towel radiator in each room - these can be controlled by another two HR92's but then they would be reading the same temp as the room temp for the UFH.........is there a better alternative?

Many thanks
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Are you sure the 2 zones on the UFH are truly independent i.e. the doors can be closed etc. You don't need a HC80R just because you have UFH. You can use the combination of the room stat and a BDR91 to control the actuators on the manifold. And since you have a HR92 in the same zone you might be able to even get away with not having a room stat. You should be able to use the sensor on the HR92 for the BDR91 too.

Comment

Working...
    X