• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

Evohome DTS92 low battery jamming RF

I think I may have seen this issue mentioned before.

Today all of the zones on one of my controllers and some of the zones on my second controller stopped responding, displaying hourglasses.

At first I thought it might have been some strange atmospheric condition due to the storm, or some other interfering device.

I tracked it down to a DTS92 with a blank display, original batteries around a year old.

Replaced its batteries and eventually everything restored to normal.

Looks like devices with low batteries can jam the RF!
    Last edited by kevinsmart; 18 February 2022, 07:13 PM.
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

Maybe... but I get occasional complete loss of comms on all zones and I haven't been able to isolate any specific cause. It happens randomly every few months. Everything recovers by itself after an hour or two.

I can't really envisage a means where a battery failure could affect other zones - surely, no power, no transmission? It would be interesting to hear what some of the more knowledgeable contributers think.

Comment

• kevinsmart
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Sep 2018

Not battery failure, very low battery probably causing sporadic behaviour.

Comment

• lloyd
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2020

Exactly the same issue with my DTS92 this morning. Blank display (low battery had been on). A few anomalies, such as dhw temp not updating. Replaced batteries and all back to normal

Comment

• therealfronty
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2021

I had an odd one yesterday, I woke up and noticed the heating hadn't come on, checked the airing cupboard and the heating BDR had a solid red led. Pressed the button and the green LED came on, the boiler fired and I started to get heating. After a while I checked the BDR again and the red LED was now flashing very slowly, once per second (or two seconds). I just left it and checked again later and the red LED had stopped flashing and everything was back to normal. All very strange.

Comment

Working...
          X