• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scubajoe
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    I paid £64.92 for mine in Amazon. I had ordered two but they sent an HR91 as one of them, that has gone back. At present they show them at £70.92 but out of stock.
    Vapourware, if it's out of stock without an expected date for delivery it shouldn't even have a price. So Amazon expect you to pay and they'll let you know when they'll be delivered at some point in the future!

Comment

• Midland45
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Scubajoe View Post
      Vapourware, if it's out of stock without an expected date for delivery it shouldn't even have a price. So Amazon expect you to pay and they'll let you know when they'll be delivered at some point in the future!
      Not exactly right as Amazon do not generally charge until the item is in transit to you.

Comment

• Scubajoe
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Midland45 View Post
        Not exactly right as Amazon do not generally charge until the item is in transit to you.
        You're probably right but it's a bit disingenuous of Amazon.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

You're probably right but it's a bit disingenuous of Amazon.
          It isn't. I have ordered other things from Amazon that are out of stock, one item once took 3 months, and was not available anywhere else, but they did not take my money but kept me informed of the delays and offered to let me cancel if I wanted. I have no criticism of Amazon in this regard. Indeed, in my recent case they refunded me before they got the wrong item back.

Comment

• Scubajoe
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2018

I just searched Amazon and can no longer find the HR92 even listed. Anyone with orders confirmed with Amazon could you please let us know the status? Or maybe I should just head to eBay.....

Comment

• Midland45
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2022

I just searched Amazon and can no longer find the HR92 even listed. Anyone with orders confirmed with Amazon could you please let us know the status? Or maybe I should just head to eBay.....
              I have 2 arriving today, fingers crossed they aren’t HR91s with an applied sticker claiming they are HR92s again! They are having to supply me from their THR921002s stock, which are ridiculously priced! You are correct they are not listing the HR92s, however I can link from my previous order which states the HR92 is presently out of stock.

Comment

• Midland45
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2022

So I did receive from Amazon the correct HR92s, the only difference I can see is there was some extra adapters in the THR pack. The pack also shows there is an extra 28mm base included, but they were missing from both packs

Comment

• Midland45
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2022

They now have 1 in stock, although reading further down it is a used item!
                  Last edited by Midland45; 28 March 2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Scubajoe
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2018

I got some from eBay and as a heads up to anyone still needing any, the seller has one box left.

Comment

• benwillcox
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Apr 2020

HR92 seem to bit around the £100 each now, with stocks limited according to Evohome shop, JTM plumbing etc. Yikes!

Comment

• Midland45
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Jan 2022

Originally posted by benwillcox View Post
                        HR92 seem to bit around the £100 each now, with stocks limited according to Evohome shop, JTM plumbing etc. Yikes!
                        Although they don’t have any stock at the moment Amazon have them listed at £70, if you are prepared to wait and take a chance they get stock. At least you won’t pay anything until the item is dispatched to you.

Comment

• benwillcox
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Apr 2020

They could advertise them at £10 each, but if they don't have any stock then it's moot. Amazon always seem to continue to advertise products that are out of stock or even permanently no longer available, presumably to keep attracting customers to the storefront in the hope they will purchase something else on the same site as an alternative.

If the wholesale price comes down such that they would actually sell for that price, the other stockists would presumably also be adjusting their prices in line too.
                          So at the moment the choices seem to be wait, use the HR91 instead or pay the price elsewhere.

Comment

• Scubajoe
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by benwillcox View Post
                            They could advertise them at £10 each, but if they don't have any stock then it's moot. Amazon always seem to continue to advertise products that are out of stock or even permanently no longer available, presumably to keep attracting customers to the storefront in the hope they will purchase something else on the same site as an alternative.

If the wholesale price comes down such that they would actually sell for that price, the other stockists would presumably also be adjusting their prices in line too.
                            So at the moment the choices seem to be wait, use the HR91 instead or pay the price elsewhere.
                            Which was exactly my point earlier in this thread. It's vapourware and very disingenuous of Amazon. Orhers are entitled to their own opinions but will possibly be left without needed items. I got some from the eBay seller who told me they had 20 boxes of 4. They even split some boxes to accommodate customers. They have no valves left now but some controllers and relays still available.

For the record, I have one on order from Amazon but have yet to receive any kind of update on expected delivery date.

Comment

• chrisgare
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2013

Logically, the current lack of HR92 actuators can most likely be put down to ongoing semiconductor shortage issues. But it is quite annoying that there has been no announcement on this forum about why this is happening from a silent Resideo, unlike other manufacturers who find themselves in this situation?

It really does make me think that maybe this situation could be used to justify moving into an end-of-life scenario for Evohome by Resideo. How can a product be actively marketed to potential new users if the prime element - the top-end actuator - is totally unavailable?

It doesn't feel good to me at all.

Resideo?

Comment

• benwillcox
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Apr 2020

Lots of things are currently totally unavailable.
                                Semiconductors used in some of my own designs have lead times of up to 12 months, meaning having to redesign using alternative components. ATMega 32U4 microcontrollers have gone from $3 per unit to $30 per unit - 10 times the normal cost.
                                Automotive companies have been affected, e.g. Tesla temporarily had to stop supplying USB connectivity in Model 3 cars due to components shortages so they could continue to get the cars out, MyEnergi had to design the Zappi to use alternative components due to shortages, etc etc.
                                So it's not a Honeywell specific issue, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions around making Evohome end of life. At least there is still a solution in the HR91, if no actuators at all were available then it would be a bigger issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X