• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wonky
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2016

Help … main control unit not taking power

Hi… started getting the Internal Battery Low … Please place unit back on power message on the main ATF 800 unit… tried plugging it in else where … fiddling with the seating on the base unit etc but no luck. Few hour later thr units internal battery has died.

Got a few questions ….

1) The app has the ‘communication with the system has been lost’ message …. I’m assuming that if I adjust the TVRs manually it won’t do any good as nothing will be telling the boiler to fire ?

2 Any one else had this issue and what caused it ? Plug unit / base unit or the controller itself ?

3 worst case if I’ve have to go get a replacement one urgently is there any way to port all the existing settings over ? Or is it a full reset up from scratch ?
  • Wonky
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2016

Ok managed to get some normal AAs in so it’s up and running for now … not sure how long they will last.

Next Q … I’m assuming the unit should still work even if there are no batteries in providing it’s plugged into the mains ?

Just trying to figure out where the actual issue might be

Comment

• CT1
      Automated Home Guru
      • Apr 2016

Regular batteries are not the same voltage as rechargeables so could give you problems. Do not put the controller on a powered mount while using them. Do you have a test meter to check that power is getting to the mount? Is the mount outputting power to the controller? My EvoTouch controller came with a powered wall mount and a powered stand, have you tried both?

Comment

• Wonky
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2016

Yeah … tbh just got the alkalis in to get the heating back up. Hi hey seemed to work ok. Got some replacement rechargeables back in now.

Managed to grab a test meter and looks like there’s nothing coming through the plug … will try and pick up a replacement.

Can’t remember if it came with a wall unit or not . Been in for 6 years and not had any issues with it since then to be fair. Will have a dig

Thanks for the help

Comment

• adamski
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
          Yeah … tbh just got the alkalis in to get the heating back up. Hi hey seemed to work ok. Got some replacement rechargeables back in now.

Managed to grab a test meter and looks like there’s nothing coming through the plug … will try and pick up a replacement.

Can’t remember if it came with a wall unit or not . Been in for 6 years and not had any issues with it since then to be fair. Will have a dig

Thanks for the help
          I had my Power supply die a couple of weeks ago. I awoke in the middle of the night with the battery low warning.
          Luckily, I had some spare 5v power supplies with a barrel jack hanging around, it did the trick nicely.

So it looks like the supplied power supply has a limited life, i would recommend getting a second one as a spare...Just in Case!

Adam

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

Honeywell have suffered PSU issues in many of their devices. I remember them having to supply replacement PSU for the Evohome Internet gateway. What was more surprising was the new PSU was not just a high current rating, it was 6V rather than 5V.

Comment

• therealfronty
              Automated Home Guru
              • May 2021

I bought the wall mounting kit for mine and used the old roomstat wiring to carry the DC voltage from the transformer mounted in the airing cupboard, it works a treat!

Comment

Working...
              X