• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Midland45
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2022

Y87 Thermostat Issue

Just updating our heating system and installing an Evohome system. The system will consist of HR92s on radiators and Y87 thermostats/zone valves on 2 separate rooms with UFH systems. My issue is that when the Y87s were bound to BDR91 relays, they showed a flame icon when calling for heat. Now they are bound to the Evohome controller the flame icon does not display, even though they control the BDR91 correctly. I’ve tried clearing the bindings on the Y87s, then re-applying them but still fail to get the flame icon, once they are calling for heat. Has anyone come across this problem?
  • garymtitley
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2019

Once it’s linked to Evohome it doesn’t show the flame icon,just shows the Wi-Fi symbol,perfectly normal and nothing to worry about,have one in my kitchen which does the temp sensing for a Hr92 on my smiths plinth heater and is obviously linked to the Evohome controller and is exactly the same and works perfectly,it does tell you about this in the instructions somewhere I believe.

Comment

• Midland45
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2022

Thanks for that info. I did have a check through the user and installation manuals but couldn’t find any mention of the flame icon disappearing when bound to an Evohome controller. Not too much of a problem but would have been nice for it to still function.

Comment

• therealfronty
        Automated Home Guru
        • May 2021

Yep I have two of these, no flame icon is displayed when calling for heat.

Comment

Working...
        X