Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wanted: beta testers for new visual/custom Alexa skill 'EvoControl'

Automated Home Guru philchillbill's Avatar

I'm at a point where it would be pretty easy to add support for multiple locations but I'd need a beta tester for that. Any volunteers?

EvoControl now handles multiple locations. Upon first-run (or whenever you use the update-configuration command), all locations returned by TCC are 'discovered'.
    Schedule 'A' automatic backup covers all your locations.

Some example commands:

Alexa, list my locations
    Alexa, select location 2

When you have more than one location, a new button is added to the bottom right of the dashboard which allows location-selection by touch inputs.

When you only have a single location, for privacy purposes the location address is not retrieved and you are only told you have 'a single location' when you list.

All locations have full capability as regards schedules, activities/scenes, etc. However, a default zone association for the Echo you are speaking to is only possible for a single location (by design).

Amazon automatically kills all beta programmes after 90 days so the beta for EvoControl will end within the next 2 weeks. Many thanks to those who participated ! Please make sure the schedule data you have loaded to TCC is the data you'd like to be 'stuck with' when the skill goes offline Any feedback or suggestions for features/improvements is most welcome.

What remains before this goes live in time for the Autumn/Winter heating season is to translate it fully to both German and French (at a minimum) and possibly Spanish/Italian. Any assistance from native speakers willing to help out is most welcome !