• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Total Connect Application & Servers down

The Total Connect Comfort Application has been unavailable for over 15 hours now, with no explanation or work-round.

Resideo should build some elegant redundancy into their systems, as a matter of urgency so that users are not let down like this:-

My Total Connect Comfort Application
    Incident Report for Resideo
    Investigating
    We are aware some of our customers are experiencing issues with our (TCC) application. The thermostat can still be used directly to control your heating and cooling system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Posted 15 hours ago. Mar 14, 2022 - 02:16 UTC
    This incident affects: My Total Connect Comfort Application, Total Connect Comfort International Application, and Total Connect Comfort International Web Portal.

NJSS

Source:- https://status.resideo.com/incidents/0g72v67fd86j
  • Tigermad
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2018

People are going crazy on Twitter about it

Comment

• FullBore
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

Down for 18 hours now & still no explanation or work-round offered !

As you say people on Twitter & FaceBook are not happy.

NJSS

Comment

• RedEarth
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jan 2021

Looks like it's working now

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Resideo do not consider the connected aspects of Evohome as essential.
          I'm sure more people will now get into Domoticz or Home Assistant. Local RF control is the only way to gain independence from the Resideo IT stack. But even that option is not without its challenges to get started.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Strange as I had connection yesterday morning, late afternoon, evening and this morning. I note the quote from Resideo seems to imply not all users were/are affected.

Comment

• gordonb3
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              Strange as I had connection yesterday morning, late afternoon, evening and this morning. I note the quote from Resideo seems to imply not all users were/are affected.
              It was on/off all day and even when I was able to receive readings on various times I was only able to connect to the EMEA API (0.5 degree resolution). I doubt if it would have accepted any commands.

Comment

• philchillbill
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                Resideo do not consider the connected aspects of Evohome as essential.
                I'm sure more people will now get into Domoticz or Home Assistant. Local RF control is the only way to gain independence from the Resideo IT stack. But even that option is not without its challenges to get started.
                I have a fork of the new EvoControl Alexa skill working via RF/Domoticz. Bummer is that schedules aren't supported via that route.

Comment

Working...
                X