• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agronh
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2022

Evohome, plumbing or both

We got the system installed last year by an electrician.
    Downstairs UFH (4 zones) and some 8 rads upstairs (we don't have 8 bedrooms, just 4 bedroom house).
    Everything worked really well for some 12-15 months but in Jan we started noticing that the UFH zones were was behaving weirdly. We set the temperature on the controller or the stats (T87RF2033) to 17 degrees but despite this, the thermostat is showing us (and we feel it) that the temp is 24-25 degrees. I even limited the max temp on the controller to 19-20 degrees but the system seems to bypass this and the temp is skyrocketing (and costing us)

The issue was firstly happening in the kitchen and now in the dining room (kitchen is OK now).The initial installer who isn't a plumber came over but wasn't sure what the issue was. He did some resetting of zones but that didn't help.
    He thought there may be blockage in the actuators but not sure. Can anyone guess what the problem might be? Has anyone experienced something the same. Very difficult to even find an authorised Evohome installer in Ireland and/or someone who understands both the plumbing and the electrics…
    happy to send screenshots etc if useful. I am no expert in the system but can find my way around it
Working...
X