• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark8par
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2018

Evohome and Solar Diverter

Hi, we are looking to install solar and have Evohome installed with the hot water kit. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how they integrated it to work well. We have also looked at adding a Solar Diverter (My Energi Eddie) so that any excess energy will heat the hot water cylinder. The problem (or not) is that the diverter also needs to read the temp of the cylinder and it uses a PT1000 sensor which i think is the same as Honeywell, could i link the sensor to both devices so they can both read the temp, i dont want the diverter heating the cylinder when i could send it to a battery.

I hope all of that makes sense.

Thanks

Mark
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I use a Solar diverter but it doesn't use a temperature sensor, it doesn't need to. It keeps heating the cylinder via the immersion heater, until the immersion heater thermostat has cut off and once that happens, it starts charging the battery.

Comment

• CT1
      Automated Home Guru
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      I use a Solar diverter but it doesn't use a temperature sensor, it doesn't need to. It keeps heating the cylinder via the immersion heater, until the immersion heater thermostat has cut off and once that happens, it starts charging the battery.
      This is how we use our ImmerSun diverter. It works independently from the EvoHome without problems.

I believe the MyEnergi Eddi and Zappi have settings that can prioritise where spare Solar is used first. You would be better looking at the MyEnergi forum for that.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I built my own diverter because the off the shelf products all had too many compromises. Having something I could tweak has allowed me to tune my diverter to the point that I have exported next to nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X