• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sxturbo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2022

Bit of an update,

Have narrowed it down to something to do with the router.

When making my phone a hotspot it works.

When I connect to my router it stops working.

I've turned off the firewall on the router incase it was that, but it's not, I've added a 2nd WiFi network dedicated to the evohome and set it to only allow evohomes Mac address. But the outside temp still does not display when connected to the WiFi.

I have Vodafone broadband and router.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sxturbo View Post
      Bit of an update,

Have narrowed it down to something to do with the router.

When making my phone a hotspot it works.

When I connect to my router it stops working.

I've turned off the firewall on the router incase it was that, but it's not, I've added a 2nd WiFi network dedicated to the evohome and set it to only allow evohomes Mac address. But the outside temp still does not display when connected to the WiFi.

I have Vodafone broadband and router.

Anyone got any suggestions?
      Turn the router off, factory reset it and start it again, but then I suspect you may have done this. Occasionally I get router problems and this has usually worked.

Comment

• peterf
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2015

Have you a vpn function turned on in the router. Might think you're elsewhere despite the location in the account settings.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

. Not an EvoHome user, but do know other people have had problems with Vodaphone routers not playing nicely with Chromecasts, Roku boxes etc. Only thing I can suggest is if you have a cordless phone base station next to your router you might want to move it.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• kevinsmart
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Sep 2018

Maybe try changing the router’s DNS servers manually to e.g., 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 to see if that helps

Comment

• sxturbo
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Apr 2022

Tried the above no luck.

I'm switching supplier at end of month so will see what happens

Comment

• sxturbo
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Apr 2022

Just to confirm, switched broadband supplier and now all working as it should.

There is something wrong with Vodafone routers and the ability of evohome to talk to accu weather.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sxturbo View Post
                  Just to confirm, switched broadband supplier and now all working as it should.

There is something wrong with Vodafone routers and the ability of evohome to talk to accu weather.
                  I have in the past often had problems with broadband supplier’s routers. Stopped when I added a modem and third party gear with a mesh system. Since November last I have had full fibre using the supplier’s modem box. No problems.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

I have always used my own routers. But now with FTTP, the phone line is VOIP and Vodaphone won't give out the VOIP details. So currently am stuck with using the Vodafone router, as without it we won't have a landline!

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      I have always used my own routers. But now with FTTP, the phone line is VOIP and Vodaphone won't give out the VOIP details. So currently am stuck with using the Vodafone router, as without it we won't have a landline!
                      Do away with the landline. We did a few years ago and just use mobile phones. Saves the cost of the landline. The cost of the mobiles is just under £14 per month for two £6.95 each) giving 10gb per month data each, free calls, free texts etc. calls at home can go via WiFi anyway. Often to family in Australia.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

With Vodafone the landline is free. Doesn't cost us anything and we've had the same number forever. We keep our mobile phones downstairs overnight, so in a real emergency the landline is what will be used. Besides, we stay in a mobile phone dead zone, so the landline is the only reliable thing available.

Comment

• filbert
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                          Do away with the landline. We did a few years ago and just use mobile phones. Saves the cost of the landline. The cost of the mobiles is just under £14 per month for two £6.95 each) giving 10gb per month data each, free calls, free texts etc. calls at home can go via WiFi anyway. Often to family in Australia.
                          Would be nice, if we had any mobile coverage. At least with the old fashioned landline we can still use the phone in a power cut - until, that is, the landlines are taken away.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

I take the point. I am spoilt I suppose not needing the landline. Broadband costs me £20 pm with 500 MPs and each mobile is £6.95. There may be difficulties ahead for you and bruce_miranda when the landlines go. Is it 2025? But then the line may exist but connect using VOIP.

Comment

• RedEarth
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Jan 2021

Yes, the ability to connect a conventional PSTN phone directly to the phone line will be discontinued, but you'll still be able to connect it to a port on the router which will effectively turn it into a VoIP phone. Sounds like Bruce already has this setup with Vodafone?

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by RedEarth View Post
                                Yes, the ability to connect a conventional PSTN phone directly to the phone line will be discontinued, but you'll still be able to connect it to a port on the router which will effectively turn it into a VoIP phone. Sounds like Bruce already has this setup with Vodafone?
                                Sounds like it. It has been this way for businesses for some time now. A friend found it useful during lockdowns or when staff had to isolate. He unplugged and handed to them one of the phones for they to use at home. No set up required, just plugged it in to the router and it automatically connected. His contract is up for renewal with BT. They needed to update the software in all his phones. Told him he would be offline for a bit. He objected as the phones are needed all the time. “Ok,” they said, “Instead of updating the phones we will supply brand new up to date phones.” No cost to him and they told him to keep the old phones for they will just bin them. Not even updating and sell them on!

Comment

Working...
                                X