Evohome DHW Kit - where to fit temperature probe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garmcqui
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Evohome DHW Kit - where to fit temperature probe?

Hi all, looking to add an evohome hot water kit to our existing unvented cylinder. The electrics side of things is ok, but I’m struggling to find anywhere to put the thermal probe, as the cylinder only has one pocket and that is occupied by the existing dual thermostat.

Cylinder was only added a few months ago, so if there any way to avoid having to cut into the insulation, I’d rather do so if possible.

Any help appreciated.

G
  • garmcqui
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Has anybody swapped the relatively chunky evohome DHW probs for a smaller NTC thermistor like these?

Precision leaded thermistors with 75mm flying leads for 5K, 10K & 50K thermistors, and 48mm flying leads for the 100K thermistors. 1% Precision Leaded Thermistors. B value of 3950. Fast dispatch.

If yes, how did you connect the wires etc, as they only come with a 75mm fly lead. Cheers

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

I have a single pocket too, and just pushed my evohome sensor into the same pocket. Seemed to fit even with the wires of the previous sensor and Evohome is happy.

Comment

• lloyd
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        I have a single pocket too, and just pushed my evohome sensor into the same pocket. Seemed to fit even with the wires of the previous sensor and Evohome is happy.
        Same for me.

Comment

• g6ejd
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by lloyd View Post
          Same for me.
          Same for me.

You can wire a thermocouple either way round, so easily extended.

Comment

Working...
          X