Thread: Help needed with Jaguar combi hot water problem

Automated Home Lurker

Default Help needed with Jaguar combi hot water problem

Hi All,
    I have a Jaguar 23kw combi, lately getting hot water has been a bit hit and miss, questions I have are...

I believe this model uses a thermistor, how do these work compared to a divertor valve ?

Is the problem likely to be the thermistor, or does it just need a clean ?

How much would a) a clean/service b) new thermistor cost (rough) ?

Any good plumbers near Romford ? :lol:

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Help needed with Jaguar combi hot water problem

Personally I would get the boiler cleaned as this will help efficiency of the boiler. I was quite surprised at how dirty the heat exchanger gets. I know when mine was cleaned out, the colour of the fluid coming out was dark brown. The boiler man had a special machine which he connected up to the boiler and pushed a button this pumped fluid one way round the boiler then he reversed the pump and had it pumping the other way, this took about 20 minutes. Also if the guy is coming out to clean the boiler he might as well give it a service.
    My combi boiler had a simlar problem except that it was the central heating side that stopped working. According to the service man we where quite lucky as the vavle normaly sticks the other way round and you get no hot water. The valve is just a simple solenoid valve with what looks like a sensor of some sort. To replace this and the pressure relief valve which was dripping cost me €153.00 ( I live in Spain). To clean the boiler and replace the flame sensor, which was done a few years ago now cost about €95.00
    My boiler is a Junkers Bosch combi.

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: Help needed with Jaguar combi hot water problem

Thanks but it turned out to be the divertor valve, luckily a friend of mine is a plumber and fixed it for me for the cost of the part, £110.

Thanks anyway