• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john_in_chester
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2006

SmartHome Kit

Hi, Just bought my first X10 gear and have the following problem. Can anyone help?

Have installed the ActiveHome software, from which I can operate the various modules. I can also operate the modules using the 8in1 remote control.

If I create a simply macro (either standard or fast) I can't start the macro from the remote control. The macro works ok when you test it in the software.

Any advice please?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: SmartHome Kit

What address have you assigned your macro. Also is it a fst macro or a normal one. A fast macro can be downloaded into the CM12 and normal macros need the PC on. Also the 8 in 1 controller can only control 1 house code ie A. So if your macro is set to B1 then it won't work.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• john_in_chester
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2006

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have my housecode set to B. I have a lamp module assigned B1 and an appliance module assigned B2.

The macro is assigned B3, which when set to on will turn on B1 and B2.

I know the remote is working ok as I can turn the 2 modules on with it. I can also turn the modules on using the software.

The macro is a fast macro.

If I turn on the B3 nothing happens. Should I be able see the status change anywhere in the software for an appliance if I use the remote to turn it on?

Regards
      John

Comment

• john_in_chester
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2006

Sorry, should have also said that the macro B3 turns on the aplliances if I switch it on in software. (using test)

Comment

• john_in_chester
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2006

If I turn on B1 using the remote and then click on the 'update status' the appliance B1 doesn't change status to on. Is there any way I can tell if its a computer/software problem or if is the CM12U?

Comment

Working...
          X