• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b2
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2004

Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

I have a couple of suggestions . . .firstly i think that we would all benefit from a "Forum Comments / Suggestions" forum for posts like this!

Also, I would really find it useful if we could set up a "Where To Buy?" Forum. This can be a "stickied" simple post in the General Discussion forum or in its own forum.

I would be happy to start the post off (with ordered sections such as High Street stores (e.g. Maplin.co.uk etc.. . .), Online Home Automation sites (LA, SimplyAutomate, Laser etc . . ), specific suppliers (CCTV etc. . . ) and electrical stores (TLC etc . . ), then others could post their suggestions and I could edit the first post to include them in the approriate sections.

How does this sound?

I think it would definately benefit Newbies and also may provide some suggestions for "Old hands" too!

I wont put the list together until i get some comments and approval from admins (as i dont know if they would like commerial links on the forum) but i have a good list of UK suppliers (gained from reading for many hours worth of the UKHA archive - thanks guys!!)

Do post your comments!

Ben
  • b2
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2004

Re: Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

I have just found

So, i guess a good list has already been done! 8O 8O

Would a structured "Where to buy?" list still be useful?

Comment

• Otto-Mate
      Founder
      • Jan 2004

Re: Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

As you've found, there's a where to buy section on the links page. I think it's better we keep it there.

Thanks

M.
      Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
      www.twitter.com/ottomate
      www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• kwatt
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2004

Yeah not only that but retailers now do have the opportunity to post specific targetted offers to the HA community in the forums as well which is a good advert for them and (hopefully) a good deal for the members of the forums.

Given the broad range of products that we use for HA purposes that means just about anything with a plug and quite a few without! :lol:

K.
        Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge - Don Henley

Comment

Working...
        X