Thread: Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

I have a couple of suggestions . . .firstly i think that we would all benefit from a "Forum Comments / Suggestions" forum for posts like this!

Also, I would really find it useful if we could set up a "Where To Buy?" Forum. This can be a "stickied" simple post in the General Discussion forum or in its own forum.

I would be happy to start the post off (with ordered sections such as High Street stores (e.g. Maplin.co.uk etc.. . .), Online Home Automation sites (LA, SimplyAutomate, Laser etc . . ), specific suppliers (CCTV etc. . . ) and electrical stores (TLC etc . . ), then others could post their suggestions and I could edit the first post to include them in the approriate sections.

How does this sound?

I think it would definately benefit Newbies and also may provide some suggestions for "Old hands" too!

I wont put the list together until i get some comments and approval from admins (as i dont know if they would like commerial links on the forum) but i have a good list of UK suppliers (gained from reading for many hours worth of the UKHA archive - thanks guys!!)

Do post your comments!

Ben

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Re: Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

I have just found
    http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modul...ame=ukha_links

So, i guess a good list has already been done! 8O 8O

Would a structured "Where to buy?" list still be useful?

Default Re: Forum suggestion - "Where To Buy?" Forum

As you've found, there's a where to buy section on the links page. I think it's better we keep it there.

Thanks

M.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yeah not only that but retailers now do have the opportunity to post specific targetted offers to the HA community in the forums as well which is a good advert for them and (hopefully) a good deal for the members of the forums.

Given the broad range of products that we use for HA purposes that means just about anything with a plug and quite a few without! :lol:

K.
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge - Don Henley