• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TKW
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2006

RS232 / Ethernet -> Analogue

Hello,

I know a while ago that www.total-telematics offered a range of low-cost serial (or was it even ethernet?) IO, but their website says that they're offline for a bit and I've had no joy e-mailing the address on the main page.

Does anybody have any alternatives for doing IO (analogue ouputs of 0-10v would be handy) controlled over RS232 or Ethernet?

Thanks in advance
  • HomeHub
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

Re: RS232 / Ethernet -> Analogue

You could use a netiom for the digital IO over ethernet....I guess you could also hook up a DAC onto some of the spare digital io as well to get your analogue out if you wanted....

I've used a few and they are very good.

Comment

• TKW
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the analogue output is the most important thing to me ... and I think I'd end up using 7 or 8 pins for each channel trying to convert digital output to analogue.

Does anyone know whose kit total-telematics used to sell?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Have you looked at this product from Digidave,
        We sell long-lasting power supply units that use less electricity than factory standard chargers and plugs.

Then click on Home automation the one your looking for is the IP Power 9212
        It has digital inputs/outputs and some can be used as voltage inputs. The voltage input operates like this ON= 4 to 24volts and off is 0 to 3v possible not quite what you are after.
        The box is made by Aviosys http://www.aviosys.com/ippower9212.htm
        They do some other interfaces that might be of more use to you. such as the IP SENSOR 9218 DigiDave also supplies this one as well. This may be better for you.
        Hope this helps.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• multenet
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2006

Check out the EtherPad Digital IO:

4x digital inputs
          2x digital outputs
          1x analog input

Scripting environment allows customised control via embedded webpages and/or scripting engine.

It allows Ethernet, RS232/422/485 comms. You can also attach an external modem (PSTN/GSM/GPRS). SMS, email data (alarms) out. Supports SNMP and traps. A neat FTP upload command is also useful.
          Multenet Technical Support

PM me for more info

Comment

• bwired
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2006

Hi
            Check out the Barix site regarding the Barionet. It has IO rs232 and also network. I own one, did not have the time howeever to install it yet!
            I also believe there is a topic on this great site

Regards
            Pieter
            www.bwired.nl
            Domotica home automation realtime online in the netherlands. using X10, A10, Xanura and wireless devices. Streaming Mobotix and AXIS Webcams and camera's, Harrison electrische gordijnrail

Comment

• bwired
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2006

Hi
              Check out the Barix site regarding the Barionet. It has IO rs232 and also network. I own one, did not have the time howeever to install it yet!
              I also believe there is a topic on this great site

Regards
              Pieter
              www.bwired.nl
              Domotica home automation realtime online in the netherlands. using X10, A10, Xanura and wireless devices. Streaming Mobotix and AXIS Webcams and camera's, Harrison electrische gordijnrail

Comment

• TimH
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2004

You might also want to put the WebBrick on your list, see:

Follow the above link for the full feature list, but it includes four analogue outputs, mains outputs and temp sensor inputs etc. all accessible over Ethernet and configurable via a web browser.

I have an earlier version and it's a really versatile device :-)

HTH,

Tim.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

• IanB
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • May 2006

I am in the process of uilding such a beast although it will have several inputs and a single 0-10v output. The design supply voltage is 24v but it doesn't have to be this high.

It will be several months before the prototype is ready due to work commitments but if you are interested drop me a line and I'll keep you in the loop. It will have an Ethernet interface but no serial.

Use the mail address an http://www.mollyology.com/index.php

Ian

Comment

• toscal
                    • Oct 2005

Have a look at this device for RS232 to Ethernet http://www.alphamicro.net/components...e~4~id~223.asp

This company sells the device for 94 pounds. http://www.openxtra.co.uk/section.php/18/0
                    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
                    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X