Please help with Loftbox / SKY tv distribution ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickp8
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2006

Please help with Loftbox / SKY tv distribution ........

Above is the wiring diagram for the loftbox system.

I plan to have sky multiroom installed with Sky+ in the living room and a standard sky box in the master bedroom.

Can someone please explain how I will have to alter the loftbox wiring for this to work?

I read the SKY + box has two feeds from the satellite dish? Would one feed from the dish go to the loftbox sat input and the other direct to the SKY+ box?

For the master bedroom normal sky box I guess it has its own feed from the dish so there is nothing to change there.

Lastly is it worth paying the extra for ct100 cable over pf100 cable?

Thank you for your help.
  • shevans
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2005

Re: Please help with Loftbox / SKY tv distribution ........

I don’t know much about it, but there is a “IRS Loftbox” which works with Sky+

Comment

• nickp8
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the link.

That is the Global loftbox I plan to use.

But your link is to a new 'IRS' model which has a input for SKY+ which I have not seen for sale on any of the online stores.

Thanks will look into it.

Comment

• shevans
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2005

There is also this device to use with a loftbox and a little pic that may help you.

Comment

• nickp8
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2006

I have seen that device. It seems that device and the IRS loftbox are for when as quoted on the website "a Sky+ receiver is being installed which requires two feeds from the dish but there are no spare cables available to take the extra signal feed."

Can someone confirm I wont need this as it will be newly installed by SKY and they will run 2 feeds from the LNB to the SKY+ box?

I then just need to re route one of the feeds to the loft box. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Comment

• vex
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2005

Nickp8,

Your are quite right.

Feed 1 - Dish to standard Loftbox.
            Feed 2 - Dish direct to Sky + box

Possible Feed 3, Dish to standard sky box in Master Bedroom.

However this would be done using the Sky+ Expander and the DIP1 to add and then remove the sky dish signal from the original UHF tv feed that runs from the Loftbox to the master bedroom location.

Hope that helps.

Chris.
            www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
            NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• nickp8
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2006

Thanks Vex.

Could you please clarify where / how the loftbox expander and DIP1 need to be connected.

Coming to the master bedroom will be the SKY feed from the LNB and the UHF feed from the loftbox. Not quite sure how all this connects upto the expander.

Thanks.

Comment

• vex
                Automated Home Guru
                • Feb 2005

No problem Nick,

If you take out the cable feed that runs to your master bedroom, disconnect it from the Loftbox and connect it to the +Combiner/expander and then connect the +combiner/expander to the old connection point on the loftbox.

Then at the Bedroom end, from the TV point, connect the DIP1 with will seperate out the two signals again. Faceplate to DIP1 to Skybox and TV.

Hope that helps!

If you are coming up to the Smart Home Show we will have them there as well.

Chris
                www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
                NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
                X