• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sergios
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2006

RF remote control for domotics

Hello,

I am working about controlling a domotic system by means of a remote control. I think it's a good idea to use an RF remote control with a receiver that sends out the code of the pressed key through a serial interface in order to be easily read by a microcontroller UART.
    I have seen IR/RF universal remote controls with receivers that can be directly connected to a PC but usually this kind of products are prepared to be used only with X-10 systems. I also have read about the possibility of purchase low cost remote control systems from china or taiwan manufacturers.Do anyone know suppliers from china o taiwan that export to Europe?

I would like to find products similar to what I have described (RF simple remotes, IR/RF universal remotes, RF receivers with serial port output) of suppliers that can provide them.

Thanks.

Sergio
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: RF remote control for domotics

Try www.intellihome.be they do ir/RF 8 in 1 universal remotes and most RF to X10 modules etc. They will ship all over the world and if you spend 149 euros or more they ship within europe for free.
    There is a guy who sells X10 stuff from China http://x10-hk.com/store/
    Hope this information helps
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X