• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g8kmh
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2006

Re: Auto Filling Bath

Rada (Kohler/Mira group) also do an electronic touch control system - check out the http://www.radasense.com web site. It also has irda functionality for management - as ours is being installed right now I don't know whether that extends to control as well.

With normal trade discounts it worked out about £200 less than the ecologic quote.

Lehane

Comment

• Inventer
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jun 2006

I am the inventor of an entirely mechanical system to prevent overflowing baths automatically.
      I have details on my site www.nova-flo.com including a small clip of the product in action.
      Nova-Flo is going into production later this year (06). Until then I can't supply any although I can answer any questions accordingly.
      Because it is mechanical, it could be used in conjunction with any electrical system as a fail safe.
      Let me know if this is likely to be of use to you.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

Inventer - thanks for the info, your products looks very impressive.

We've added it to the front page of this site as a News item.

Thanks

M.
        Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
        www.twitter.com/ottomate
        www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• n07tv
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • May 2004

What would happen with that product if there is no overflow in the bath. I am a landlord with several student properties ... most of the baths do not have overflows as they are old cast iron and i can't fit them.

I did finda product years back which was a plug which activated when a certain head of water was above it, thus opening at a certain depth. That did have issues though as the rate at which water was let out when the mechanism opened was less than both taps running. In other words, it bought you some time.

Comment

• Inventer
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jun 2006

Thanks for your message.
            Nova-Flo would work in this senario (no overflow hole) if you used it in conjunction with a product from an Italian plumbing parts company called Silfra. See this link www.silfra.com with a product named 'U3A Without overflow - Pop up bath tube waste'
            Problem solved! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X